Record watch

Currently Chris Davis is third on the North Texas all time scoring leaders list with 2,086 points and needs 205 to break Kenneth Lyons record of 2,291. With 10 games minimum left this season he needs to average 20.5 points per game. Davis' career scoring average is 20.1 points per game, however so far this season he is averaging 18.1 ppg. The good news is so far in Sunbelt league play he is averaging 20.7 ppg.

My question to you is do you think he'll fall just shy of the record, squeak by, make it with no problem?

Personally I think it depends on how he does these next two games, with both being against the cream of the conference it will set the tone. I bet he makes it though! In last years games he scored 28 in the first La-La meeting and 18 in their final meeting of the season.

An additional note CD needs 44 to pass Jesse Ratliff and move into the #2 spot on the all time list.

With Hopkins out for the rest of the season, I think Chris can do it. He is the undisputed "go-to" guy now so I don't see why he can't do it against SBC competition. The Belt is good but they are mostly run and gun teams which means high scoring. No holding onto the ball and passing three times before even looking to take a shot like the old Hoosier adage. The Belt plays up tempo basketball and if CD score as many as he did last night in half of the rest of the games against "lower" copmpetition than that of NMSU than he can even afford to have a couple of off games. Take away that slump he had and I would say for sure that he could have done it, should be fun to watch him chase it. I hope JJ and the boys are aware of it when it gets close. I want him to earn it but I want him to get the opportunity to earn it as much as possible! And the season is not blown just yet. Everyone starts fresh in the SBC tourney and anthing can happen! We are 7-13, do you realize how thankful Trilli would have been for a 7 win season during any of his seasons at NT?