Some interesting things about the fight at the Alamo.

1. When Bowie's mother was informed of his death, she calmly stated, "I'll wager no wounds were found in his back."

2. "The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken -- I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls -- I shall never surrender or retreat." - Travis

Remember the Alamo! Too bad the "New Orleans" Alamo flag still sits in a museum in Mexico City. This is not good. Texas must have something that once belonged to Santa Anna that we could trade to get the "New Orleans" flag back on Texas soil where it belongs...yes, I know ...I know..."New Orleans"..."belongs in Texas" sounds a bit odd, but it was the falg of a group of Alamo volunteers from New Orleans.

Can we trade?????

REMEMBER THE ALAMO...

By the way, do you know what the Cherokee nickname for Sam Hoston was? I think it translated into something like "the big drunk"...ha! And, when Houston was in Washington DC he had the habit of walking around his house naked...pretty much ended his marriage to the more proper young lady he married. Great book on Hoston's life..."The Raven"...if you enjoy Texas history I would recommed it.

And, yes, I know Houston was not at the Alamo!

Some interesting things about the fight at the Alamo.

1. When Bowie's mother was informed of his death, she calmly stated, "I'll wager no wounds were found in his back."

2. "The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken -- I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls -- I shall never surrender or retreat." - Travis

That's because Bowie wasn't from France!!!! Couldn't resist! Sorry. :lol:

Texas must have something that once belonged to Santa Anna that we could trade to get the "New Orleans" flag back on Texas soil where it belongs

By the way, do you know what the Cherokee nickname for Sam Hoston was? I think it translated into something like "the big drunk"...ha! And, when Houston was in Washington DC he had the habit of walking around his house naked...pretty much ended his marriage to the more proper young lady he married. Great book on Hoston's life..."The Raven"...if you enjoy Texas history I would recommed it.

And, yes, I know Houston was not at the Alamo!

The US has Santa Anna's Leg

Also Dr. Cambell's book on Sam Houston is also a really good read. I knocked it out in a few hours before the test, so its a quick read but really worthwhile.