What I Like About The 3 Jc Commits

OldTimer

1. All three JC's are available Dec...will be in spring training, have a semester to strengthen up, learn the system.

2. Speed...WR with 4.4, CB with 4.43 Then we add HS commit WR Daniel Mayberry with 4.4 speed

3. solid size..at CB 195 lbs instead of 160 odd plus he has speed

4. Rivals 3* quality LB is described as a "hitter" and can play all three LB positions as well as special team experience and help

Each JC player has two years of solid FB beyond HS football...and JC speed is definately faster than HS speed

With our WR redshirt players and their height, who have been in the system for a year, and with the addition of Jamaal Jackson we will have more production from WR's on the field.

Yes I know we need help at DT, DE, but that is coming.

1. All three JC's are available Dec...will be in spring training, have a semester to strengthen up, learn the system.

2. Speed...WR with 4.4, CB with 4.43 Then we add HS commit WR Daniel Mayberry with 4.4 speed

3. solid size..at CB 195 lbs instead of 160 odd plus he has speed

4. Rivals 3* quality LB is described as a "hitter" and can play all three LB positions as well as special team experience and help

Each JC player has two years of solid FB beyond HS football...and JC speed is definately faster than HS speed

With our WR redshirt players and their height, who have been in the system for a year, and with the addition of Jamaal Jackson we will have more production from WR's on the field.

Yes I know we need help at DT, DE, but that is coming.

Oldtimer throws around these 40 times like they are golden. The recruiting guru says a HS kid is 4.4, no offense but most of these 40 time are exaggerated.

Oldtimer throws around these 40 times like they are golden. The recruiting guru says a HS kid is 4.4, no offense but most of these 40 time are exaggerated.

I assure you that OT is very well aware that 40 times are not Gospel. But knowing that everybody gets .2 or so knocked off, they do serve as an indication.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'm sure that some of the 40 times are exaggerated. But, which ones? Does the exaggeration apply to those that sign with Big XII teams or just with the SBC?

Most of the times are furnished by coaches and are probably handheld. Those that have attended camps may have received electronic timing and those are no doubt more accurate. For now, all we have is the coach's word and I think that most of them try to get it right. It's also possible to time someone slower than they can actually run. Personally, I think that height and weight are exaggerated more than 40 speed.

Guest GrayEagleOne

didnt our last couple juco 3 stars come in out of shape. recruiting lists are way overrated. i want players on the field that can show it on the field.

One came in overweight but quickly corrected that and started every game. The other did come in overweight and out of shape, was redshirted, and will have two years to play. In his defense he had a lot of hours to make up and probably spent so much time on the books that he didn't have time to do much working out.

One came in overweight but quickly corrected that and started every game. The other did come in overweight and out of shape, was redshirted, and will have two years to play. In his defense he had a lot of hours to make up and probably spent so much time on the books that he didn't have time to do much working out.

Honestly, I still expect a lot of those JUCO OL recruits from last year. Our opponents have been doing quite well with O-Linemen who don't look all that slim or fast. And, face it, we're going to have to a take few chances on linemen.

The Colombian bowl, free reefer for the winners.

Give it time, I heard the NCAA doesnt think there are enough bowls as it is.

As for the Reciever speed. Its nice to have one or two that have freakish speed, but Id rather have size and or someone who will get the ball NO MATTER WHAT! Give me the reciever who will out fight you for the ball that make you think twice about tackling him. Im not just talking about size, but that badass attitude.