Racist Longhorn

dallasite21

Very good point/analogy grad88. Clinton really lowered the bar on morals in this country. And he kept his job and even came out of it with glowing accolades. Clinton had more women under his desk than in his Cabinet. Came up with that one myself.

And this has what to do with the backup center from UT? Did Clinton make him do it? that sneaky devil!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, when was the last time that dumb decisions have served us well? I'm taking about the same attitude towards transfers that I do towards recruits out of the high school ranks; get the best ones you can, and don't get any with baggage that we know of. And, especially with transfers, fill existing needs. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we need defensive and special teams standouts more than backup centers who would put UNT under national (and negative) media scrutiny as soon as Dodge talked to them?

As far as the justice of the whole thing, as far as I know, the kid hasn't lost his scholarship yet. Maybe if we're going to hold a pity party for a backup center, we could find a center on the roster (who has played little or not at all this year I know we have at least one, Chad Rose), and call for them to get some playing time before the year is out. As far as walk on centers who haven't had a chance yet, don't we have one from Southlake Carroll a few here have spoken well of. Besides, who ever said a kid has a right to play football? If they've been signed to a letter of commitment, I think the school should honor the scholarship, but there are a lot of players on many, if not most, college football teams who never really play much. If North Texas continues with Todd Dodge as its head coach, he'll continue to put the players on the field based on his judgment.

Those family and friends of UNT players not getting much if any playing time, who are now complaining about that may have reason to complain. Why this big outpouring of sympathy for a kid we would have never known about if he hadn't gotten national front page sports news for, as you said, "a dumb comment". Maybe if you could talk about his talents and how much of a need he would fill, I would think you're approaching this from the viewpoint of what's good for North Texas, rather than what's good for an instant Internet celebrity, whose judgment, if not his intentions, seem like a problem to me. Why do we need players only well known for "dumb comments"?

Well put. Good stuff throughout.