What Is Going Right

GreenFlag

I know we were blessed with GREAT weather for the game Saturday, but wasn't attendance much greater than you expected? Most are upset with the level of play, the coach, special teams coaches, and the Atheletic Department in general. Why do you think people as showing up in greater numbers than in the Dickey glory years?

I think it is because Dodge ball is still fun to watch-even in blow out loses. This offense at least moves the ball even if we are having trouble getting in the end zone. If I had to choose watching a 3-9 DD team or a 0-12 Dodge team I would choose the Dodge team because it's just more fun. Can you imagine what the attendance would be if this team were in the hunt for a conference championship?

Hiring a coach that comes with an exciting offense was the right thing to do. If we improve the athleticism on D to upper middle pack SBC teams, we would be in contention for a conference title again and attendance would be the best in the SBC.

Before anyone goes crazy on me here:

I know the attendance numbers were inflated a bit.

I do want to win.

I am not slamming DD.

I know Dodge has made some blunders.

I realize losing to a conference foe by 29 is really bad.

I know we were blessed with GREAT weather for the game Saturday, but wasn't attendance much greater than you expected? Most are upset with the level of play, the coach, special teams coaches, and the Atheletic Department in general. Why do you think people as showing up in greater numbers than in the Dickey glory years?

I think it is because Dodge ball is still fun to watch-even in blow out loses. This offense at least moves the ball even if we are having trouble getting in the end zone. If I had to choose watching a 3-9 DD team or a 0-12 Dodge team I would choose the Dodge team because it's just more fun. Can you imagine what the attendance would be if this team were in the hunt for a conference championship?

Hiring a coach that comes with an exciting offense was the right thing to do. If we improve the athleticism on D to upper middle pack SBC teams, we would be in contention for a conference title again and attendance would be the best in the SBC.

Before anyone goes crazy on me here:

I know the attendance numbers were inflated a bit.

I do want to win.

I am not slamming DD.

I know Dodge has made some blunders.

I realize losing to a conference foe by 29 is really bad.

The attendance was better than I expected, for whatever reason. I'd prefer to think that the attendance was simply a display of support of North Texas.

I did worry that there would be a significant drop in attendance, but it didn't look like there was. And that makes me feel better about the students' stadium vote. If every one of those students who attended vote yes, then I like the chances of this passing.

It depends on what you call "inflated" numbers. The attendance numbers we have are based on a system the NCAA has approved. Our tickets are scanned and if you leave and come back in, it doesn't count twice. Now, I have two tickets and always have both scanned even if it's just me coming in. We didn't make up the rule, we're just going along with it an trying to use it to our best advantage. Our teams should be doing that on the field and there is no reason not to do the same in the stadium.

It depends on what you call "inflated" numbers. The attendance numbers we have are based on a system the NCAA has approved. Our tickets are scanned and if you leave and come back in, it doesn't count twice. Now, I have two tickets and always have both scanned even if it's just me coming in. We didn't make up the rule, we're just going along with it an trying to use it to our best advantage. Our teams should be doing that on the field and there is no reason not to do the same in the stadium.

So, I have a question:

If you buy season tickets, but the tickets don't get used, then it doesn't count in the attendance numbers?

I have 6 season tickets, and we haven't always used all of the tickets. It sounds like I need to get them scanned as I go in anyway?