LSU #2 in nation

GrandGreen

The UNT lady eagles just played the number 2 team in the nation and apparently very few care. Maybe 500 in attendence with 100 being LSU fans. The lack of support for UNT programs continues to amaze.

The UNT lady eagles have got to be the worst shooting team I've seen since my son's 6 year old YMCA team. Although LSU defense is one of the best there were just too many missed layups and shoots from over 5 feet that didn't even hit the rim. Unforced turnovers were also plentiful. That being said the UNT team does have fire and fought to the end and actually had a substantial rebound lead. This team does have talent and with only a slight improvement in the offense, they should develop into a very good team.

They just can't shoot. I left at halftime and saw about 3 or 4 airballs in the first half. Same thing that happend against Indiana.

With Jalie and Rosalyn out there firing threes, they were a lock to get the Wendy's free hamburger. I would be absolutely shocked if they get it once this year.

I would say about 750-1000 in attendance, with about 200 LSU fans myself, but it doesn't matter, the talent gap was astonishing.

LSU is a very good team. Best women's team I may ever see unless I see a team USA game or something.

A couple of thoughts:

1 - Many students are at home or on vacation

2 - We have shot poorly all season.  Has to change...and fast.  This is what happens when you are as young as this team is.

I drove from W. Ft. Worth to go to the game. I was one of a few students in attendence. sad.gif Unfortunately, there were some LSU students (?) that were complaining about some of the play calling by the refs mostly concerning the 3 sec. lane rule while we were trying to get rebounds. There was one call in the 2nd half that I had a problem with called on #33. Other then that, I thought the game was called fairly even.

Yes, there were many poor shots. I was disappointed at the number of shots that never hit the glass or the rim. sad.gif I was, however, impressed with the effort the team gave in the 2nd half. It'll be interesting to see how we do in conference play. mellow.gif

LSU was a very good team, but did they need to use the full court press for almost all of the game? <_<