Unt Consider Cost Of New Stadium

NT80

Lewisville, Frisco, Grand Prarie.....

In the interim, I wonder what the cost comparison would be between playing at Fouts vs. contracting to play at Pizza Hut Park. The place seats 20,000 for soccer, Frisco High School plays some of its games there, there is plenty of parking, a Comfort Suites opening up that visiting teams could stay at, plenty of options for eating and drinking (for those too lame to do it themselves in the parking lot). If UNT played their cards right, they could sell season tickets to the existing luxury suites in Pizza Hut Park as well as get some good corporate season ticket sales. Hell, who cares about the Rough Riders, and that place is making money hand over fist -- just because image conscious Friscoans need a place to be seen.

Of course, it would probably mean no more free student tickets and considerably higher parking costs, but it sure as hell would send a message to the City of Denton.

Besides, I could be in and out of that place in no time seeing as I live a mile down the street!

QFT. This is what BURNS me about the whole process we're going through.

someone please explain to me again why the University has to ask for the students permission...?????

they dont ask when they raise tuition or lab fee's .... so W(why)TF ask for permission on this

sorry I am starting to get bitter and angry.....

Edited by RETSO

Have you ever talked with Brett Vito about North Texas football? If you have it's hard to come away without the impression that he thinks all negatives are par for the course and all positives are "good...relative to North Texas."

Actually, I do quite often and in person. If there is anyone that wants things to get better it's Brett. Just because the guy has to lay out FACTS in a not always positive light, it doesn't mean that he has a vendetta against the program. We have talked before about things not being so great on many fronts, and we had nothing but honest dialouge....Now would that be printed?? No way, but venting amongst friends doesn't necessarily mean that he is wishing failure on the things that helps him pay his bills. I get sick of people/fans getting up in arms at media members that aren't on their knees over the teams they cover no matter the circumstances.

Edited by Green Guy Bass

Why use the Lamar Cardinals and their $85 fee for a potential fledgling 1-AA football program as the example?

Surely, there are better examples. But then again, maybe he doesn't know of the existance of this board.

Sorry, but I believe he was well aware of what he was doing.

There is now a chance to finally begin the process of righting this ship. I don't want petty differences amongst sportswiters, coaches, and athletic department personel to negatively afferct that chance.

So, uh...you gots some serious issues. I mean, from what I hear, your ego is so out of control a swift whack to the head wouldn't put back in check. Before you have a fit, might I remind you that little tidbit came from your "friends" who can't stand ya.

Have you invested in some tin foil hats to go along with your conspiracy theories?...or, perhaps a dictionary to work on your spelling and grammar? I'm from frickin' Jersey and have a better grasp on the English language.

While I'm at it, lemme guess, you vote Republican. Not a "pro-union" guy, either, eh?

In the interim, I wonder what the cost comparison would be between playing at Fouts vs. contracting to play at Pizza Hut Park.

Of course, it would probably mean no more free student tickets and considerably higher parking costs, but it sure as hell would send a message to the City of Denton.

But at what cost? We have enough trouble getting students to walk across campus or drive a mile or two from their apartments to go to games at Fouts. Move the game 30 minutes away and start charging them for it and you may as well say goodbye to half your student attendance.

But at what cost? We have enough trouble getting students to walk across campus or drive a mile or two from their apartments to go to games at Fouts. Move the game 30 minutes away and start charging them for it and you may as well say goodbye to half your student attendance.

I figured that would be a problem, hence the question of cost comparison.

I don't know, the trip down to Texas Stadium in the 70s was pretty fun and pretty well attended. The fanfare and location made it quite the party. We'll have to go back and check attendances but I think it was up from Fouts during the same time. That was when the urinals even worked and no generators were required for the hotdog stands. :rolleyes: