Ethan Mcmillan

Cowtown

Does anyone have any updates on the status of Ethan McMillan?

He was the big Aledo OL that got the shaft from UH after an injury & a coaching change. Last spring we heard he was walking on with us, but I have heard nothing since. Is he on campus? Working out?

Well, he's not on this official roster.

http://www.meangreensports.com/SportSelect...&SPSID=9053

but neither are any of these guys..

Brett Vito E-mail News tips

I managed to get an advance copy of North Texas fall roster today. Here are a couple of interesting tidbits I picked up from the list.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned already, but UNT will gray shirt Southlake Carroll offensive lineman Nick Leppo. The Dragons' starting center suffered an injury last year and will gray shirt this season. Leppo will take less than a full class schedule in the fall and officially join the team at the semester break when a scholarship opens up. He is not on the fall roster.

A few interesting names came up as walk-ons. Sterling Carter will walk on and is listed as a defensive lineman. I have no confirmation of this, but my guess is this is the lineman who played for Houston Strake Jesuit last season and never signed. Scout.com had him listed at 6-3, 265.

There is an offensive lineman named Dan Holt on the roster that I am betting is a transfer from Midwestern State who played at McKinney North. Holt was listed at 6-5, 300, all the way back in high school.

And now for what you all really wanted to know. All the key players who were at one point or another were rumored to have left the team are still on the roster, with the exception of those we already know about - defensive ends Eddrick Gilmore and Alonzo Horton.

Robbie Gordon is also back on the roster.

Of course there is still some time left until the end of summer school, but UNT head coach Todd Dodge said he does not expect any more players to fall short academically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest GrayEagleOne

All I can tell you is that in the Aledo writeup in DCTF, Ethan McMillian is listed in the players lost and it shows that he is going to UNT.

Since he is neither a scholarship athlete (yet) or a JC transfer then I'd doubt that he will enroll until next month.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

Anybody have any more information on Dan Holt and Sterling Carter? Both these guys seem like a big step up in quality and size from who we typically bring in as walk-ons (250 lb O-Linemen, 230 lb D-Linemen). Even if these guys can't compete at a college level they significantly improve practices.

I know that knee injuries are hard for any player, but is it harder for a OL to heal from a knee injury or does it take longer for a DL to heal.

It seems like I see knee braces on O-Lineman rather frequently and rarely see them on D-Lineman.

I think the healing time depends on the seriousness of the injury and the individual's work ethic with rehab. OL tend to wear kneed braces as a preventative measure protecting them when they get rolled up on.