Erskin's stab in the back

GreenBat

This shows in part how sorry it was for him to use us to get what he wanted. I don't mean an education because that is give and take. But to go to a University with no intent of staying and only trying to showcase and define your skills for another school, is the same as a coach using a school for two years just to pad his resume. If it is sorry for a coach, it's sorry for a player.

With that being said, I'm glad he committed to his education and getting his degree. However, instead of using a 4yr institution, which committed time, money and building a team around you, he should have gone to a 2yr JC and then to Texas.

I didn't read it as a slap at UNT. I thought by the post title that he had made some bad remarks about our program, but he didn't. Isn't his home town close to Austin? He probably grew up hearing nothing but UT news stories, and they offer so few ships that when he didn't get one, he took his next best offer, UNT, and I don't hold it against him. When the "UT" coach that recruited him, Trilli, left, he inquired and was allowed to walk-on at UT. The article didn't say anything bad about his time at UNT.

I hope most poster don't really believe that kids sign with UNT because this is their first and only love.

Ask coach Fran if he and other coaches aren't constanting looking for better situations.

To Erskin's credit, he took a risk by walking on at UT opposed to taking another sure scholarship at another D1 school.