Tcu: Part Of New Seating Construction Collapses

I'm thankful that thing fell last night, this is like an answered prayer before we even asked.

If it hadn't fallen it may have remained standing until there were people sitting on it....and under it.

It may wind up comically overly reinforced, but it will be safe for our Fort Worth brethren.

Beware of very discounted lower endzone seats!! B)

they get more fans than we do with 1/6 the enrollment (about 6,500) so give it a rest. this gets old. you don't even do a good job of masking your PSL envy.

What PSL envy are you talking about? If they can get folks to shell out the funds, more power to them. I realize that they have a much smaller enrollment, but they also have had the benefit of all of those SWC years to build what they have (and no drop down to I-AA purgatory like we had). Plus, as mentioned earlier, the city of Ft. Worth and its paper do a terrific job of marketing to the citizens about rooting for the "hometown" team, unlike Denton. And yet with all of their winning over the last 10 years, many programs across the country would sellout ALL of their games, regardless of the team on the schedule--not TCU. Why is that? You seem locked in pretty good down there, so I am interested to hear why. My personal opinion is that no matter how good they have been and will continue to be, there is only so much interest in watching teams from the western time zones that can't travel many fans to good ol' Amon Carter. Not PSL envy that I suffer from--really just mad that TCU, SMU, and UNT aren't in the same conference with other folks that would help fill up their great stadium, especially if it does get expanded in the end zones.

Then TCU will also be one of the only schools with suites in the endzone.

The evil empire, aka univ. of Texas, is re-doing their bowl end of the stadium with new seating and suites. Not sure but I think they are spending in excess of of $20 million. I'm sure it will be named after some single donor lawyer who footed the bill.

The evil empire, aka univ. of Texas, is re-doing their bowl end of the stadium with new seating and suites. Not sure but I think they are spending in excess of of $20 million. I'm sure it will be named after some single donor lawyer who footed the bill.

OK DeepGreen, with the SUMG hijack I have officially stopped reading your posts too. I just look at the pictures! :wub: