This is so funny.

I have some RTVF friends who may help me produce a pilot that we will try to sell to networks. It's tentatively titled "Beat the Bully", which is a crappy name but we haven't come up with a better one yet. The premise is that people face those that beat them up when they were kids, and there will be interviews and such, backgrounds on both people...and then they get together and talk, and if that doesn't resolve things, they go into a ring and the "rag doll" gets another shot to fight the "bully" from their childhood.

I figured we'd just use me for the pilot and then if it gets picked up, have a different person each episode.

So...I found one of the guys from my childhood and talked to him for almost an hour. It was kind of creepy, because he was so freaking nice, as nice as I used to be, which is almost sickeningly nice. He was all spiritual and apologetic and wanted nothing to do with it. It's just weird and almost frustrating, and I don't know if any of you can identify with this, but when well over half of your life is primarily based on trying to hide from people who beat the hell out of you, and then you become something new but still have the lingering effects of everything they did to you, it's very strange to have this kind of reversal.

I mean, I really want to have a (legal) rematch with these guys, and I think most of those who grew up like me would feel the same...but then they turn around and are super-nice. I told him I wanted to tear off his lower jaw and beat him to death with it, and he seemed totally fine with that. It's so odd that the 300-pound lineman who beat my face into a cement wall is completely non-aggressive when confronted by the person he beat the crap out of.

I guess even a-holes can surprise you and make life more interesting. It's not that I don't understand the complexity of peoples' humanity, but I never saw much of most of these guys other than their aggression and physical force. It's almost endearing to see them change into at least moderately kind individuals.

This is so funny.

I have some RTVF friends who may help me produce a pilot that we will try to sell to networks. It's tentatively titled "Beat the Bully", which is a crappy name but we haven't come up with a better one yet. The premise is that people face those that beat them up when they were kids, and there will be interviews and such, backgrounds on both people...and then they get together and talk, and if that doesn't resolve things, they go into a ring and the "rag doll" gets another shot to fight the "bully" from their childhood.

I figured we'd just use me for the pilot and then if it gets picked up, have a different person each episode.

So...I found one of the guys from my childhood and talked to him for almost an hour. It was kind of creepy, because he was so freaking nice, as nice as I used to be, which is almost sickeningly nice. He was all spiritual and apologetic and wanted nothing to do with it. It's just weird and almost frustrating, and I don't know if any of you can identify with this, but when well over half of your life is primarily based on trying to hide from people who beat the hell out of you, and then you become something new but still have the lingering effects of everything they did to you, it's very strange to have this kind of reversal.

I mean, I really want to have a (legal) rematch with these guys, and I think most of those who grew up like me would feel the same...but then they turn around and are super-nice. I told him I wanted to tear off his lower jaw and beat him to death with it, and he seemed totally fine with that. It's so odd that the 300-pound lineman who beat my face into a cement wall is completely non-aggressive when confronted by the person he beat the crap out of.

I guess even a-holes can surprise you and make life more interesting. It's not that I don't understand the complexity of peoples' humanity, but I never saw much of most of these guys other than their aggression and physical force. It's almost endearing to see them change into at least moderately kind individuals.

Seems there is a lesson to be learned here, and it is not sticking to it's intended target. :huh:

Let the anger go. It seems that the bully from your childhood matured and moved on. It might be helpful for you to do the same.

You've let other's past actions turn you into the type of person you hated as a child. Wanting to "tear off his lower jaw and beat him to death with it" is disturbing.