Embarrasment From The Media

UNT_playmaker

The most embarrasing thing I have ever heard about the Mean Green in the media occured this past Saturday night. I was watching Sportscenter recap the crazy college football games of the day and the UNT/Navy game popped up, I wasn't embarrassed by the score or loss, but by what coach Paul Johnson said about the NT after game. " The North Texas football squad put up 62 points against us and they still couldn't win the game". WOW.....

Also there is also today's DRC sports headline. "UNT defense is the worst and it's not even close": "Oklahoma hung 79 points on the Mean Green. Arkansas bashed UNT for 66, and now Navy goes off for 74. And don’t forget, the Midshipmen kneeled on the ball at the end of the night at UNT’s 11-yard line to kill the clock". Whoa

If Todd Dodge doesn't make adjustment's in the Defensive coaching staff at year's end, I will lose all respect for him as a coach here at UNT.

I hope that Coach Dodge realizes that in Division I College Football, you should always put your team first above any friendships or partnerships that you might have with your assistants.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

You don't think Coach Dodge puts his team first? How could you even question that?

No Dodge puts Dodge first. He is the HEAD COACH not the OC. He should be helping Mendoza not keeping him from the press. Dodge just wants to sit back a say "look what I have done" not work for the team.....

My youngest son is 39 I don't think he would be playing football now he did but he is a little old today

Look, dude, you're obviously not a cultist. If you disagree with our poor defense, the cultists brand you in some fashion. Because their worldview is so small, the only two coaches they can comprehend are Darrell Dickey and Todd Dodge. If you don't agree with 100% of everything Todd Dodge does, you are in their eyes a Darrell Dickey freak. Their world really is that small.

In your case, they've revealed a new and ingenious level of stupidity. By recognizing a problem with the defense and wanting Dodge to do something more about it, you are accused of having a benched son. Amazing.

Jim Jones and David Koresh would have loved to have the followers Todd Dodge has here.

Look, dude, you're obviously not a cultist. If you disagree with our poor defense, the cultists brand you in some fashion. Because their worldview is so small, the only two coaches they can comprehend are Darrell Dickey and Todd Dodge. If you don't agree with 100% of everything Todd Dodge does, you are in their eyes a Darrell Dickey freak. Their world really is that small.

In your case, they've revealed a new and ingenious level of stupidity. By recognizing a problem with the defense and wanting Dodge to do something more about it, you are accused of having a benched son. Amazing.

Jim Jones and David Koresh would have loved to have the followers Todd Dodge has here.

Did you get stung as a child?

---Koresh's followers had a choice, they could have walked away..... we really can't... we are alums of North Texas.... I can't walk away for who I am and claim to be a UT or whatever alum.. The only thing we can do is get rid of whoever is positions of power... patience..... this is only Dodge's first year... he will fix things...or be gone in 3-4 years... he knows that. Lots of new coaches don't do all that well their first year... Jimmy Johnson won one game during his transition year.. then in a short time won three Super Bowls... patience.. we may not be that successful but things will improve.

---He has fixed the one thing everyone complained about last year--- a dull offense --- he knows he has a problem and will work on the defense that has deteriorated to even a lower level that before he came.... expect changes....

TxTech has a similiar problem and fired the defensive co-ordinator during mid-season...(Dodge hasn't). He may not have any other good options or feels it is more a player problem... who knows. Tech too gives up too many points.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

It has nothing to do with being a cultist. It has everything to do with challenging unsubstantiated and misleading claims, such as saying, "Dodge puts Dodge first," or such as branding everyone with whom you disagree a "cultist."

TxTech has a similiar problem and fired the defensive co-ordinator during mid-season...(Dodge hasn't). He may not have any other good options or feels it is more a player problem... who knows. Tech too gives up too many points.

He actually resigned. In fact, if I remember correctly, I believe he resigned the next day after his defense played so poorly.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999