Top Ten Reasons..........

eulessismore

Hey, had a great historical time last night; talked the wife into going and sitting in the student section (much better noise there, c'mon alums, admit it). Of course I was disappointed, yet highly entertained, by the athleticism and pageantry of the whole thing. Then I was gobsmacked (ok, this old man had to look it up in the Urban Dictionary) this morning when talking to my neighbor here in Euless, when he asked, "Why would over 26,000 show up for a team that's only won 1 game?". Well, I gave some kind of forgettable response, but am thinking, "Why didn't I have a Top Ten list of reasons to keep attending NT games no matter what?". So, can you folks help me come up with one? I'll admit, it may just be laziness that I don't come up with an entire list myself, but just to get things started, I'll give some potential reasons my wife and I had.

Me:

1. Hey, it's my school; you can't divorce your school.

2. North Texas football scores more in a game than any hockey team, a lot of basketball teams, and the idiot kid chatting up the girls next to us.

3. Giovanni Vizza; great quarterback.

She:

1. They've only won one game? They look pretty good to me!

2. They've got a band with 35 flautists! (that's flutists to you nonflautists).

3. Giovanni Vizza; cool name!

We've decided to combine two of our "reasons" into one, and let you guys come up with the rest.....number:

10. Giovanni Vizza; cool name, great quarterback!

Hey, had a great historical time last night; talked the wife into going and sitting in the student section (much better noise there, c'mon alums, admit it). Of course I was disappointed, yet highly entertained, by the athleticism and pageantry of the whole thing. Then I was gobsmacked (ok, this old man had to look it up in the Urban Dictionary) this morning when talking to my neighbor here in Euless, when he asked, "Why would over 26,000 show up for a team that's only won 1 game?". Well, I gave some kind of forgettable response, but am thinking, "Why didn't I have a Top Ten list of reasons to keep attending NT games no matter what?". So, can you folks help me come up with one? I'll admit, it may just be laziness that I don't come up with an entire list myself, but just to get things started, I'll give some potential reasons my wife and I had.

Me:

1. Hey, it's my school; you can't divorce your school.

2. North Texas football scores more in a game than any hockey team, a lot of basketball teams, and the idiot kid chatting up the girls next to us.

3. Giovanni Vizza; great quarterback.

She:

1. They've only won one game? They look pretty good to me!

2. They've got a band with 35 flautists! (that's flutists to you nonflautists).

3. Giovanni Vizza; cool name!

We've decided to combine two of our "reasons" into one, and let you guys come up with the rest.....number:

10. Giovanni Vizza; cool name, great quarterback!

No Todd Dodge ='s No Giovanni Vizza ='s A 2007 MG football team QB'd By Committee?

Of course, we would have had a Top 20 ranked "D" with no Dodge, right? Remember the "D" that was part of teams that had 5 wins in 2 years? Sorry, I just could not resist to those who persist with this subject, but on the other side of the coin.

Yet not a bad pick-up for the future of Mean Green football with the recruitment of Giovanni Vizza I think most would agree.

Amazing how much was done in only 17 officials days Todd Dodge had to recruit last Winter. Might make some wonder what he could do with a full year?

OldTimer, any new news on recruiting? Any names from yesterday's Navy game as far as whch recruits showed up at Fouts Field? I hope we now fully concentrate on defensive help from both Texas HS's and JUCO's to fill out our 2008 recruiting class.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

No Todd Dodge ='s No Giovanni Vizza ='s A 2007 MG football team QB'd By Committee?

Of course, we would have had a Top 20 ranked "D" with no Dodge, right? Remember the "D" that was part of teams that had 5 wins in 2 years? Sorry, I just could not resist to those who persist with this subject, but on the other side of the coin.

Yet not a bad pick-up for the future of Mean Green football with the recruitment of Giovanni Vizza I think most would agree.

Amazing how much was done in only 17 officials days Todd Dodge had to recruit last Winter. Might make some wonder what he could do with a full year?

OldTimer, any new news on recruiting? Any names from yesterday's Navy game as far as whch recruits showed up at Fouts Field? I hope we now fully concentrate on defensive help from both Texas HS's and JUCO's to fill out our 2008 recruiting class.

Dodge = Hooray!

Todd Ford = Pleasant surprise, performing beyond expectations and obviously not in over his head at the college level.

Ron Mendoza = ...depends on who you ask.

Dickey = Straw Man