What A Game!

Smitty

Is 62 points the most points a team has scored and lost?

Is 74 the most points a team has scored and not covered the spread? Navy was a 14-15 point favorite. That last one may be tougher to find out, since I'm sure the NCAA doesn't follow those records. Maybe Norm Hitzges can figure it out. I may email him.

What an absolutely wild, wild, game. The fly over was incredible, the crowd was great (student side was slightly disappointing but the alumni side was very good and was into the game), Navy brought a great crowd, and it was quite simply the most outrageous track meet of a football game I've ever seen. It hurts to lose this one, and it was painful to watch the defense fail to stop Navy all day. UNT's kick coverage was not very good, and there were two moronic penalties for excessive celebration against UNT that simply defied logic. Still, this game really was fun to watch, and I wouldn't have missed it.

And considering this was a 1-7 team coming off the controversy of the past two weeks, that attendance is a real testament to how UNT fans are excited about the program and are sticking by the team. 26,000 is really impressive.

Then we walked next door and watched the basketball team blast Cameron. A fun day. Not completely satisifying, but fun.