When We "come Out To Play"

JesseMartin

I can understand maybe wanting to go after someone close like SMU or TCU, and yeah, it would be great to beat an OU or Arkansas or such for the first time in a while, but really...

Has anyone else noticed we really show up for some games and not for others?

Players, fans, whatever.

We're NOT a huge football school, but we DO have HUGE potential.

Shouldn't EVERY game be THE ONE we "really show up to play"?

This goes WAY back to something I learned in high school, but one of my coaches continually put it in our heads that when you're going up against somebody who is supposed to be better than you, you don't just try to "lose better" (basically, beat the spread)...you STILL get out there and KNOW that if you put your head in the game and do BETTER than anyone, even you, expects you to do.

Any thoughts on that? Notice that we've done almost as poorly against the Belt or others recently (i.e. Tulsa) as we have against the Empires. I really think our guys just go out there expecting to lose and hoping for the "best loss" possible.

Screw that, and screw losing.

Is that the attitude that we have? The UNT page on Myspace seems to think so.