Tired Head!

THOR

from all this racism talk and crap!!!!! i realize we have to talk about it because it is allegedly happening in our program, but damn, i'm sick of it!!!!!

ON TO THE GAME....how are we going to beat navy??? how are we going to defend the triple option???? i know nothing about the option other than it involves redirection or something and i know our offense hasn't been lights out lately. PLEASE...TALK ABOUT THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

OH...AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

from all this racism talk and crap!!!!! i realize we have to talk about it because it is allegedly happening in our program, but damn, i'm sick of it!!!!!

ON TO THE GAME....how are we going to beat navy??? how are we going to defend the triple option???? i know nothing about the option other than it involves redirection or something and i know our offense hasn't been lights out lately. PLEASE...TALK ABOUT THE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

OH...AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Good idea, cause WE NEED A WIN! I found this discussion of the triple option and wondered if anyone who had watched Navy play on TV this season could comment as to whether any of these schemes apply to Navy's version.

Triple option discussed.

From what I remember of the Pitt game with Navy, Navy runs the Triple Option as described by Davie and they also were effective with the Option Pass. Their fullback is a LOAD and the quarterback is a helluva good runner. They appear to be small (except the fullback) but fast...all of them. I plan to watch them Saturday afternoon against Notre Dame. After our Mean Green, I root for ND...but in my heart I would like to see Navy win and break their losing streak to ND (40+ games).

That Bob Davie discussion is very interesting and it is worth some study.

After watching Navy a couple of times this year, there is some hope for NT.

Offensively, we should be able to move the ball if the line is able to protect Vizza. Navy's defense has been very susceptible to teams moving the ball through the air. Pitt and Delaware were able to move the ball at will on the Navy defense. Navy does not really seem that athletic on the defensive side of the ball. However, our last couple of games, we have been terrible on the offensive line. Hopefully we can get it together for this game. If we can, it could be a shootout.

Defensively, I have major concerns about us being able to defend the Navy triple option. Paul Johnson's teams always have this offense working very precisely. While their defense didn't seem great in the games that I've watched, the offense was very effective, moving up and down the field at will. Their QB is a dangerous runner as are the backs that they rotate in. Their QB also seemed to be fairly accurate and had a decent arm. He seemed to do pretty well operating off of the play action. Our defense's outside run containment really concerns me going into this game. Against OU, Arkansas, & ULL, if their runners/QB's were able to get to outside of the DE's, we were screwed. Navy seemed to be pretty good at getting their backs to the edge, so we may be in for a long day if we can't shut that down.

Our Special teams need drastic improvement. That's all I'm going to say about it. Hopefully we won't do anything in this phase of the game that will cause game changing plays in the favor of Navy.

I think that we should hope that the offense comes out executing next weekend. If so, we may have a shootout on our hands. I'd be fine with that.

Edited by Green Lantern