Josh White - Highly Regarded Recruit

chrisfisher

I submitted a question about Josh White to Vito. He said he wanted to publish it so I waited until the answer hit his blog to post here. I asked Vito if Josh was still injured, if he will play this season, and if his b-bal abilities were "as advertised." Vito told me in an email that he watched Josh practice, and that JJ denied the rumors that Josh is still injured. In addition, Vito says that Josh is very, very good in his new blog.

Edited by chrisfisher

Excellent news Chris. I'd thought Dez would probably back up Bell - but maybe he'll play the 2 guard instead. Very excited about basketball season approaching. Especially given the struggles of the football squad.

I hear you.. I am still going to all the home football games and support the team, but because of the terrible whippings we've taken, I have lost the excitement I've had since December of last year when Dodge got hired on...

Oh, I figured this would be a long year, and the predictions of 6, 7, and even 8 wins were unrealistic. I'm sticking with four.

On the other hand I very much expect big things from JJ and boys unless we get a rash of injuries. We have the W's down low. Bell really grew into a solid point guard. We have a whole slew of incoming guys with what seem to be solid credentials. I'm flying into town for about a week in November and am very much looking forward to seeing the squad in action. I haven't been to see us play at the SuperPit since Trilli's last season - I moved before Johnny started his rookie campaign.

Edited by CMJ

I've only been around UNT sports since 2005. I wonder how many, if any, guards we signed averaged 24 points per game for their 4 year varsity career (25.3 for his senior year)? I doubt few...but could be wrong... Any UNT sport's veteran out there have any idea?

I've only been around UNT sports since 2005. I wonder how many, if any, guards we signed averaged 24 points per game for their 4 year varsity career (25.3 for his senior year)? I doubt few...but could be wrong... Any UNT sport's veteran out there have any idea?

In recent history, I would suggest maybe one of Trilli's heralded recruiting class (Chris Davis, Kenneth Mangrum, Jason Miller, Reginald Erskine, Dexter Tennell). That class was ranked #21 in the country.

The unfortunate part is that class later led to different Big XII schools to the Sweet 16 (Miller at Okie Lite, and another went to UT, Erskine I think)

In recent history, I would suggest maybe one of Trilli's heralded recruiting class (Chris Davis, Kenneth Mangrum, Jason Miller, Reginald Erskine, Dexter Tennell). That class was ranked #21 in the country.

The unfortunate part is that class later led to different Big XII schools to the Sweet 16 (Miller at Okie Lite, and another went to UT, Erskine I think)

Deginald Erskin was a big part of UT's 2002 - 2003 to the final four where they eventually lost to 'Melo and Syracuse. Jason Miller was on his way to a solid career at UNT, however he may've been a bit in over his head at OK State.