What Happened?

Dodge2007

Ou just had way too much speed and the strength of our team (our defense) didn't deliver. I really believe Mendoza should have gone to Cover 2 instead of so much man coverage. Mendoza was bound and determined to stack the box and to bring heat but our scheme was not sound in my opinion. I personally believe our defensive adjustments were poor. I do believe Mendoza got schooled and yes OU had some of the best team speed you'll ever see but he should have gone cover two at least some of the game.

Meager did a decent job. He missed an easy throw to Brock that would have been a score but he also delivered some nice throws. I admit he was lucky that he didn't have at least two more picks.He doesn't finish runs at all, at least not like the freshman. Vizza did sime nice things and brought some energy for sure. Problem Vizza had was that OU was pressuring with only 4 and were dropping 7 because they knew we had no running game. Vizza had several drops that should have been big plays. Casey was by far our most consistent WR, not even close. B-Jax was disppointing. He should have caught two great throws by Vizza, one for a score, imo.

Mendoza is a workaholic and will rebound. Our tackling was atrocious and you know Mendoza will address that. Dodge starts Meager for at least two more games but Vizza is away head of the learning curve for a true frosh.

Truman was outstanding. Kick off coverage was pitiful as well as our kickoff return. Man our offense was in the hole most of the night.

Edited by Dodge2007