We Are Not Alone

emmitt01

All the griping we do about people still being in the parking lot during games...here's a part of a TCU conversation abouts selling out ACS:

I do know one thing our students section usually is NOT sold out. Usually they stick to the beer and tailgating activities. And now because of that tradition no matter how well the Frogs do, the support during the game is outside the stadium not inside the stadium where it should be. You don't know how inflating it is to be a top 25 team and to run on the field and only the alumni lower section is sold out. Then you look at the student section and only the Super Frogs are there.
And as for people showing up to Fouts, or even knowing who we are, another quote:

Two years ago when we finished number 9 in the nation I was at a restauraunt in west fort worth. I was wearing a TCU football shirt and a high school girl asked me about TCU, which she was considering. I then told her all the advantages of going to TCU plus the football team just finished #9. She then replied " In the state?" "uh...no in the nation." was my response, i had no idea how someone could not know about TCU football at that time. And this was just off Hulen Street. jeesh

Point being, there will always be those who are ignorant to what is going on at NT (even on campus) and we will not see a quick fix (no, not even a stadium). All we can do is invite everyone we know, travel well on the road and stay the course.

Edited by emmitt01

Someone had posted about a school that recently initiated a tailgaing period which ends just before kickoff. This would make it against the rules to congregate in the parking lot during the game. It would either get those folks butts into the stadium to support the team, or it would keep them away completely and leave them to party at home/dorm/frat house or where ever. Perhaps this wouldn't be a bad idea for us to consider. Any thoughts?!?!?

Someone had posted about a school that recently initiated a tailgaing period which ends just before kickoff. This would make it against the rules to congregate in the parking lot during the game. It would get those folks butts into the stadium to support the team. Perhaps this wouldn't be a bad idea for us to consider. Any thoughts?!?!?

Welll. that would work if we had a large fenced area that could accomodate tailgating and then could be secured during the game. Because we don't have lighting on those fields (actually we don't bother to turn on the lighting on those fields), or security to watch the equipment during the game, people prefer to tailgate in the parking lots where they can monitor their stuff.

Make the tailgating 'zone' as accomodating as possible; electricity, music, lights, and security. Close and secure the tailgating area 15 minutes before kick-off.

It will be safer for everyone, and will help get people into the game.

Man I thought this was going to be an Alien football thread.

I as I understand it all schools have a certain percentage that enjoy the tailgating more than going through the stadium gates. It seems to be a reality that just goes hand and hand. To end the tailgater party during the game would just mean that they would not come at all. Which would change the feel of the game day experience, not to mention cause the dismissed tailgaters to possibly (most likely would) have bad feelings and opinions of the event. Leave them alone and maybe with a little winning and a new coach we can get a larger percentage of those guys in the gates. Makes you think of a horse and water, at least if they are just outside the gate some of the people in those groups may find their way in, I mean they are very close to the game.

Edited by KingDL1

Man I thought this was going to be an Alien football thread.

I as I understand it all schools have a certain percentage that enjoy the tailgating more than going through the stadium gates. It seems to be a reality that just goes hand and hand. To end the tailgater during the game would just mean that would not come at all. Which would change the feel of the game day experience, not to mention cause the dismissed tailgaters to possibly (most likely would) have bad feeling and opinions of the event. Leave them alone and maybe with a little winning and a new coach we can get a larger percentage of those guy in the gates. Makes you think of a horse and water, at least if they are just outside the gate some of the people in those group may find their way in, I mean they are very close to the game.

I agree with you King.

I definately hit up tailgating myself. I plan on being out at Fouts about noon for every game this year. I enjoy a good tailgating atmosphere before the game. Of course, I want more people to go inside the stadium like I do. But, I would rather they spend the afternoon tailgating and not go inside than not show up at all. Every person that is around the stadium adds to the gameday atmosphere.

Welll. that would work if we had a large fenced area that could accomodate tailgating and then could be secured during the game. Because we don't have lighting on those fields (actually we don't bother to turn on the lighting on those fields), or security to watch the equipment during the game, people prefer to tailgate in the parking lots where they can monitor their stuff.

Make the tailgating 'zone' as accomodating as possible; electricity, music, lights, and security. Close and secure the tailgating area 15 minutes before kick-off.

It will be safer for everyone, and will help get people into the game.

The solution is to quit trying to bring your house with you to tailgating. A small portable grill and a cooler is all you really need, along with foldup chairs and such. Everything can be locked away in the car and you can go on into the game! It's simple. It amazes me what some people try to bring to a tailgating event. My motto: if it would keep me from going into the game, I don't bring it!