mgrocket_400x300.jpg

Connor and I are pretty proud of the Mean Green rocket we built today from a kit that Santa brought him last year. We built the first of the two that came in the kit a while back and have been meaning to do the second one for months now. And since it's a houstonian monsoon outside today it seemed like the perfect time.

Eat your heart out SpaceRaider!!!! :D

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

mgrocket_400x300.jpg

Connor and I are pretty proud of the Mean Green rocket we built today from a kit that Santa brought him last year. We built the first of the two that came in the kit a while back and have been meaning to do the second one for months now. And since it's a houstonian monsoon outside today it seemed like the perfect time.

Eat your heart out SpaceRaider!!!! :D

Rick

Please tell that you used decals and that Conner didn't paint it. That would make me feel inadequate.

Looks awesome!!! :):):)

Please tell that you used decals and that Conner didn't paint it. That would make me feel inadequate.

Looks awesome!!! :):):)

That was what I was going to ask. How did you get the North Texas imagery on there so perfect?

That was what I was going to ask. How did you get the North Texas imagery on there so perfect?

LOL! Yes, those are stickers from one of those multi-cal sticker sheets I got at one of the bookstores. I think we got them at the UNT Bookstore during basketball season? These were the first ones I had seen that had a white border around the lettering to make them stand out. I used the larger ones on the sheet for the back of my firehelmets at work.

Rick

I'm sad to report, the Mean Green Rocket Machine is gone. That sucker went up, and kept going, and kept going and kept going......and the parachute never jetisoned. At least none of us ever saw it come out and we never saw where it came down. Looked for it for about an hour to no avail.

Back to the drawing board.

(We'll make it bigger.....faster....stronger......)

Rick