New Fans

There has been a huge amount of traffic through the basketball board and I have seen new names and names only seen on the football board before. My question, will everyone who is so excited about UNT basketball right now be here next season, or are we a bunch of fair weather fans? The team has provided something for everyone to rally around, now let's build on this and keep it headed in the right direction.

Well once again I will be at the conference games as I was this season.

I do hope we can bring some better teams in the non-conf schedule. It's really hard to get excited about the likes of Jarvis Christian and Belhaven college. And I really don't care to see the major teams like Texas or A&M, but at least some good mid-major teams like maybe ORU or some team that's been in the tournament the last couple of years. Maybe with our birth in the dance it will help to schedule teams like that.

We did have Tulsa at home this year. Good game.

I will admit that I have been a bigger supporter of the football team this year (and overall) than the basketball team. The interesting thing about this season is that this season I was able to attend some games. I went to both the Charlotte game and the Tulsa games. Both were AWESOME...and such a GREAT experience for me and the people I went with.

The Charlotte game was in the beginning of the season, and we played great against a (traditionally) great team. As a matter of fact, I was wearing a NT hat and sweatshir t and screaming as loud as I could to support the team. Well, a large group of Charlotte fans, who were stunned we were handling their team so easily, asked more about NT (where the campus was, sport teams, how we were doing, etc.) It was awesome to be able to spread the word about North Texas. The cool thing is that several of them asked me about TD before I evened mentioned him.

Anyway, early on I knew they were going to be special. I guess I picked a good year to support them, but it is my intention and goal to continue to support them. You have to start somewhere...right!?!