North Texas 74-69 Over Little Rock

CMJ

This is the current seedings from what I have found.

1. South Alabama 13-2.......at FIU, at FAU, Troy

2. Western Kentucky 11-6....FIU

3. UL-Monroe 10-6...........DU, at UNO

4. Arkansas State 9-7.......at UNT, at UALR

5. North Texas 9-7..........ASU, at ULL

6. Florida Atlantic 9-7.....USA, at MT

7. New Orleans 8-8..........UALR, ULM

8. Middle Tennessee 7-9.....at Troy, FAU

9. AR-Little Rock 7-9.......at UNO, ASU

10. UL-Lafayette 7-9.........at FIU, UNT

11. Troy 6-10................MT, at USA

12. Florida Int'l 5-10.......USA, ULL, at WKU

13. Denver 3-14..............at ULM

We'd get FIU. I'd like that matchup.

Only thing I would like to point out is that our big men were a combined 10-11 from the free throw line while our guards were 10-19. I'm glad our centers have caught on and taken to practicing those shots but when will Bell, Sturns, and Watson learn they can increase their point totals other ways than jump shots? 6-10 ain't bad for Bell but he needs to be 70% or better. For Sturns 2-4 and Watson 2-5 thats just pathetic for guys that are supposed to be "shooters."

Only thing I would like to point out is that our big men were a combined 10-11 from the free throw line while our guards were 10-19. I'm glad our centers have caught on and taken to practicing those shots but when will Bell, Sturns, and Watson learn they can increase their point totals other ways than jump shots? 6-10 ain't bad for Bell but he needs to be 70% or better. For Sturns 2-4 and Watson 2-5 thats just pathetic for guys that are supposed to be "shooters."

Yeah Wooden has really improved in conference play and I hope that Williams' game at the line was the result of some serious practice time. We really need some overall improvement in that area to have a decent chance in the tourney. The missed one and one frontends have been driving me crazy all year and they aren't even completely reflected in the boxscore. A guard oriented team like ours should be shooting a solid 70% from the stripe.

Good win, but did anyone feel comfortable at all in the last 10 or so minutes? How about that streak of 4 straight fast breaks where we threw 2 horrible alley oops that missed badly and jacked up 2 NBA range 3 pointers? Luckily, one of the 3 pointers was air balled and was able to be put back, otherwise we would have been 0-4 on those fast breaks. Is there no discipline on the team so that when you have numbers you go get a lay up, open look or foul on a fast break? That is taught at the middle school level, what about D1?

I was really happy to see how well Ben Bell played. He didn't score a ton of points but he really kept the offense going and was a good leader on the court. When JJ went to his patented "we have a lead, let's hold the ball until it's time to jack up a horrible shot" game plan in the second half, Bell really kept the offense moving to the best of his ability, despite the play calling. And he was excellent from the line until the 2 misses in a row at the very end. Quincy has been very bad at shooting FTs late in games, but he really did a great job of making his FTs. If he can do that, we can keep feeding him the ball late in games and either get him a good shot of FT attempts. I really hope he can build on that and become a go to guy late in games and not have to go away from him due to poor FT shooting.

This team could easily win out and do well in the tournament. But there are still problems, which are all mostly originated from the head coach.