If Harbaugh is hired

bdan2002

Dave Adolph enters his third season at USD, and his second in a full-time capacity where he will be Assistant Head Coach. He will also be the program's Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers coach.

Dave returned to coaching in 2004 following a 37-year coaching career that ended in January, 2000 when he retired from his post with the Kansas City Chiefs as assistant head coach/linebackers coach. He spent 21 years in the NFL ranks, including two tours of duty with the Chiefs. He served as the team's defensive coordinator from 1992-1994 and worked as the club's assistant head coach/linebacker coach in 1999.

This respected defensive expert spent his entire pro coaching career (21 years) in the AFC, including 14 years as a defensive coordinator and 12 seasons in the AFC West, making 11 career playoff appearances in the process. Prior to joining the Chiefs, Adolph spent two years ('97-98) as linebackers coach for the Oakland Raiders. He signed on with Oakland after a two-year stint ('95-96) as defensiver coordinator for the San Diego Chargers. During his three-year tenure as Kansas City's defensive coordinator from '92-94, the Chiefs made three straight playoff appearances and allowed an average of just 18.1 points per game.

A native of Akron, Ohio, Adolph originally came to Kansas City after spending three seasons ('89-91) as defensive coordinator for the L.A. Raiders. He spent the '86-88 seasons as defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. Adolph began his NFL career as the Browns defensive line coach in 1979. He took over the club's linebackers in '81 before assuming duties as defensive coordinator midway through the '84 season when Marty Schottenheimer was named head coach. He then spent one season ('85) as an assistant for San Diego before rejoining the Browns in '86.

A 16-year coaching veteran on the collegiate level, Adolph worked with the legendary Woody Hayes at Ohio State from '77-78. He also coached at Illinois ('73-76), Kentucky ('69-72), Connecticut ('65-68) and his alma mater of Akron ('63-64). An all-conference guard and linebacker for the Zips, Adolph spent three years ('59-61) as a commissioned officer in the Air Force before beginning his coaching career at Cleveland's Shaw High School in '62.

-----------------------------------

David Shaw is beginning his 1st season on the Torero staff. He will be the Passing Game Coordinator and also coach the wide receivers. Shaw is another Torero assistant that brings a wealth of coaching experience from the NFL ranks.

He got his NFL start with the Philadelphia Eagles in 1997 as an offensive assistant where he worked closely with then-offensive coordinator jon Gruden. He was hired by the Oakland Raiders in 1998 for Quality Control-Offense, and by 2001 had been promoted to quarterback coach. He joined the Baltimore Ravens organization in 2002, and by 2004 was coaching both the wide receivers and quarterbacks. The 2005 campaign was his fourth and final season with the Ravens where he coached wide receivers. His first coaching stint was with Western Washington (1995-96).

Shaw graduated from Stanford where he earned a sociology degree. He was a four-year letter winner (1991-94) in football where he played flanker, and is only the third man in Stanford history to participate in three varsity sports - football, basketball and track. He is the son of retired Willie Shaw, a 33-year coaching veteran with 15 in the NFL. David and his wife, Kori, have two children - a daughter Keegan Mireya, and a son, Carter Lorenzo.

----------------------------------

Michael Christianson is beginning his 1st season on the Torero staff. Christianson, who brings a wealth of coaching experience at both the collegiate and NFL levels, will coach the Torero tight ends in 2006. The past two seasons he was on the Nebraska staff as Senior administrative assistant for Football where he oversaw the daily operation of the football program's technology areas, including all operations involving video, computer and electronics. He also assisted on the offensive side of the ball.

Prior to Nebraska he was with the Oakland Raiders staff for a brief time when Torero coach Jim Harbaugh was there. Additionally, Christianson was the assistant offensive line coach on Coach Jon Gruden's staff with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was a member of the Bucs' coaching staff that guided the organization to a Super Bowl title in 2002. Before coaching with Tampa Bay, Christianson developed a diverse background in football, both as a coach and leader in technology within the game. In 2001 he was the Director of Product Marketing/NFL Account Manager for XOS Technologies, designing digitized video applications for coaching and teaching.

He garnered additional coaching experience with stops at Montana State (2000-01), Portland State (1995-99), Lewis & Clark (1995) adn Western Oregon (1992-94). Christianson played football for three years at Western Oregon where he graduated in 1992. He went on to earn a master's degree in secondary education with an emphasis in administration and computer applications from Western Oregon in 1995. Christianson and his wife, Tracy, have two sons, Taylor and Cameron.

i hope we can get another good coach like kenny evans, he is the bestest coach and dad

That I would definately agree with. I have met him a couple of times and can come away with nothing bad about him. He is a great and sincere person. If any of the coaches from Dickey's staff get held over for the new staff I would hope Evans would be one of them.

i hope we can get another good coach like kenny evans, he is the bestest coach and dad

Evans would be one of, if not the only coach, that I would hold over from the other coaches staff.

I'm sure he's a great dad as well!

Evans would be one of, if not the only coach, that I would hold over from the other coaches staff.

I'm sure he's a great dad as well!

I would like to see Bleil and the RB coach back as well. I don't think one season is enough to get rid of them. And if Andy Brewster is on the chopping block, I'd like to give him a chance as well.