Basketball question

Mean'n'Green07

I Don't know a whole lot about college basketball, but what would it take for us to get into the NCAA tournament? Is it an at large bid decided by the NCAA? Do we have to win the sunbelt to be heavily considered?

The SBC gets one automatic birth to the NCAA tournament.... the winner of the SBC tourny goes. We can also get invites... last year Western Kentucky got invited to the NIT, though I don't know if the SBC has ever had NCAA invites.

before Cinn and Lou left the sunbelt both were in the NCAAs

Cincy and Louisville were never in the Sunbelt. They were paired with North Texas in the Missouri Valley Conference back in the 60's and early 70's before NT went Independent in hopes of joining the SWC.

I don't know if the SBC has ever had two reps in the NCAA's.

I don't know if the SBC has ever had two reps in the NCAA's.

We had 4 once.

Off the SBC website.

1986 - Four Sun Belt Conference men’s teams - Alabama-Birmingham, Jacksonville, Old Dominion and Western Kentucky - reached the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Three schools, ODU, WKU and UAB each won their first round games, and Old Dominion’s win over West Virginia marked its first ever NCAA Division I-A Tournament win.

I guarantee if we do not win conference we do not see this team in the NCAA Tournament....

We could win and out and blow the tourney and POOOOOSSSSIBLY see a low rank in the NIT...

Not to be a downer but the comp in the Sun Belt won't get us a bid in the N-C-DUBS

That's possible, but I doubt that there has ever been a two loss team that failed to make the tourney. No way a two loss team wouldn't make the NIT.

I guarantee if we do not win conference we do not see this team in the NCAA Tournament....

We could win and out and blow the tourney and POOOOOSSSSIBLY see a low rank in the NIT...

Not to be a downer but the comp in the Sun Belt won't get us a bid in the N-C-DUBS

That's possible, but I doubt that there has ever been a two loss team that failed to make the tourney. No way a two loss team wouldn't make the NIT.