UTA Superior

GrandGreen

As long as you don't bash basketball until you come see them play, I won't have to get into it with anyone at all this season. Unless someone else comes along that wants to talk crap about something they haven't seen and don't have any attention of supporting.

But your basketball support couldn't carry my basketball support strap in a suitcase with both hands so why does it matter whether or not if I now see it in person or not? Don't answer that, I don't care.

7 Days, that's all we ask. You can do it. You....can.....do.....it.

You better at least try because if tonight is any indication of how the season is headed for then your going to end up argueing here with yourself.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

But your basketball support couldn't carry my basketball support strap in a suitcase with both hands so why does it matter whether or not if I now see it in person or not?  Don't answer that, I don't care.

7 Days, that's all we ask.  You can do it.  You....can.....do.....it. 

You better at least try because if tonight is any indication of how the season is headed for then your going to end up argueing here with yourself. 

Rick

How many games did you make the past season? And the few seasons before that? I know you are a great supporter of football and we have all heard the story numerous times about you traveling to see the one NCAA appearance(closing in on 20 years ago), but what about lately?

ebone,

When Rick was in school and in Denton, he, I and a number of alums made multiple road trips and were at EVERY men's and women's game. Now that Rick lives in Parker County and has a full-time job and HOT wife and two great kids, it is not as easy for him to make games.

I live in Southern Dallas County and am confined to a wheelchair, but make any NT athletic event that I can.

Both Rick and I listen to games, football, men's basketball and women's basketball when we can't make them in person.

ebone, I'm not attempting to provoke you into a war of words just let you know that it is easier to attend athletic events when they are free with your student ID card and within 10 or 20 minutes of your house.

I will be at the SWT (Texas State) game next Saturday. I cannot make the Tulsa game because I will be visiting my parents in San Antonio. I am coming back so I can attend the TSU-SM game.

ebone,

When Rick was in school and in Denton, he, I and a number of alums made multiple road trips and were at EVERY men's and women's game. Now that Rick lives in Parker County and has a full-time job and HOT wife and two great kids, it is not as easy for him to make games.

I live in Southern Dallas County and am confined to a wheelchair, but make any NT athletic event that I can.

Both Rick and I listen to games, football, men's basketball and women's basketball when we can't make them in person.

ebone, I'm not attempting to provoke you into a war of words just let you know that it is easier to attend athletic events when they are free with your student ID card and within 10 or 20 minutes of your house.

I will be at the SWT (Texas State) game next Saturday. I cannot make the Tulsa game because I will be visiting my parents in San Antonio. I am coming back so I can attend the TSU-SM game.

What I can't understand is how yall can get up on your high horse and talk about how much you supported the program back in the day when you were in school and how I can't dream of ever being as supportive, but then talk down to me for just supporting the program while I am in school. Especially when some where lucky enough to be fans when the team was having great success and even went to the NCAA tourny, while I have seen mediocre season after mediocre season. Can't quite figure that out.

What I can't understand is how yall can get up on your high horse and talk about how much you supported the program back in the day when you were in school and how I can't dream of ever being as supportive, but then talk down to me for just supporting the program while I am in school. Especially when some where lucky enough to be fans when the team was having great success and even went to the NCAA tourny, while I have seen mediocre season after mediocre season. Can't quite figure that out.

WHOOOOOOOOPS. START OVER!

7 days straight. That's all we ask.

Rick

We don't get on our high horse and then talk down to you for supporting the team now. What get's me going is how you are rude and inconsiderate to those that can't attend all the games now, but still listen to those they can't attend and attend when they are able.

We don't get on our high horse and then talk down to you for supporting the team now.  What get's me going is how you are rude and inconsiderate to those that can't attend all the games now, but still listen to those they can't attend and attend when they are able.

For the first sentence... Oh really? This is just the most recent example.

"But your basketball support couldn't carry my basketball support strap in a suitcase with both hands so why does it matter whether or not if I now see it in person or not? Don't answer that, I don't care."

As for the second sentence, you kinda lost me, but I'll respond to the part that I understand. I'm only rude to those that don't show up or give a crap, yet still bash the team. If someone comes to the game and doesn't like what they see, that is fine. If someone just comes over to take cheap shots at the basketball program after losses, I do care and I don't appreciate that.

I'm the best basketball supporter!!!!

I've been to EVERY home game since i've been enrolled here

Around here, you have to have been a student 15+ years ago, been fortunate enough to have had no obligations other than school so you could travel to see the team play in the NCAA tourney(such a tough thing to do, must have been such a drag), and not really supported basketball in the past few years to be considered a great basketball supporter. If you are a current student or recent graduate, you basically suck. Or so it seems to some.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome

Were there a few things that happened to us down low that werent called? no doubt but the freethrow difference if because they were attacking the basket we weren't...I havent been to a practice and im not involved in the program so I dont know what coach jones is doing on offense so im not really in a position to say why our guards pull up most of the time instead of taking it to the rim and scoring, driving and dishing, (saw a little of this in the 2nd half) and pulling up sometimes.

Our big men don't seem to play "big," Howerton especially. We were talking about this in the student section at the UTA game. We have numorous 6' 8" or higher big men who could drive to the basket or get a foul trying to do so on nearly evey feed. I hope Keith Wooden changes all that. He has been agrressive in the middle, and we are starting to go to him more frequently, but he seems to often miss "easy" shots. I suspect he is shaking off some rust and getting use to the speed of the game again after sitting out for a year. At least I hope that is the case. Williams seems to miss some "easy" under the basket shots too, though he has really stepped up the past 2 games. Feeding the ball to the big men in middle would open our perimenter shooting for our Watson, Sturns, Bell, etc.

Around here, you have to have been a student 15+ years ago, been fortunate enough to have had no obligations other than school so you could travel to see the team play in the NCAA tourney(such a tough thing to do, must have been such a drag), and not really supported basketball in the past few years to be considered a great basketball supporter. If you are a current student or recent graduate, you basically suck. Or so it seems to some.

oooops. Start over again.

Rick