Bracket for Womens Soccer announced...

Green Crazy

that it was ladies!!!!

so does denver have a chance to beat a team or two?

Maybe... they get Kentucky first in Colorado, a tough draw they won their conf in a mild upset I think. Kentucky beat Tennessee twice, once in season and in conf semis. Had a tough schedule too against a lot of regional and national ranked teams. If Denver does win they probably get #4 bracket seed Colorado who plays Colo College. Pretty good team there could upset Colorado, although will take a perfect performance. CC did beat SMU in semis of CUSA, but was up and down near end of season, lost in finals of CUSA.

I hope they do well, will give more cred to our conference. I know there are several teams in this tourney that are not as good as UNT or even MTSU. I would like to see them in final against Colorado, and give them a good run in that final. Would be huge for the conference, we need more consideration for at large berths.

Maybe... they get Kentucky first in Colorado, a tough draw they won their conf in a mild upset I think.  Kentucky beat Tennessee twice, once in season and in conf semis. Had a tough schedule too against a lot of regional and national ranked teams. If Denver does win they probably get #4 bracket seed Colorado who plays Colo College. Pretty good team there could upset Colorado, although will take a perfect performance. CC did beat SMU in semis of CUSA, but was up and down near end of season, lost in finals of CUSA.

I hope they do well, will give more cred to our conference.  I know there are several teams in this tourney that are not as good as UNT or even MTSU.  I would like to see them in final against Colorado, and give them a good run in that final.  Would be huge for the conference, we need more consideration for at large berths.

**cough **UNLV, UAB, SE Mo. State, Michigan, Oakland, MI** cough** biggrin.gif

Disappointed for the girls, hopefully Denver does well then UNT has another great year next year and beats some ranked teams.

Edited by untbowler

**cough **UNLV, UAB, SE Mo. State, Michigan, Oakland, MI** cough**  biggrin.gif

Disappointed for the girls, hopefully Denver does well then UNT has another great year next year and beats some ranked teams.

Unfortunately some of these actually won their conference so they got in by virtue of that route.....now if you really want a laugher of a regional, A & M plays Grambling, who won their conf, and McNeese plays SMU, all at College Station. McNesse won their conference. I'm looking for a scoring record to fall in that A & M Grambling game.....

On the other hand, if you play in the SEC and ACC, there is no incentive whatsover to even PLAY the tournament, because nearly everyone who made it to those tournaments got in regardless of how they finished, check that out. ACC got SEVEN.......This at large system needs to be changed. Their is no reward for teams who make their finals and don't win, while others just need to be in their tourney, not win it, not even win a game, and they are in......

Girls were robbed. It is BS. How could they not have made it?

Big name schools run the show here too!!!!

Great year ladies.

I'll float another one for you... if you ever watch womens soccer on FSC, have you ever seen a Sunbelt conference game or a CUSA or WAC, or a SWAC, or a Atl Sun game, (and I bet they never called Rick to see if he wanted one televised either)....no, all there ever is ACC, SEC, Big East and Pac 10......there is something to be said for big schools/big conf and alum, etc, etc ad nauseum....but I personally think as far as soccer goes, people watch it whether it is Grambling or North Carolina..... Isn't it interesting that out of the ones who are on TV (hint: someone, spelled N-C-A-A or F-S-C or E-S-P-N) is making money) SEC gets 5, ACC gets 7, and Pac 10 gets 4, Big East gets 7 and 4 of those get to host first/sec round games! That is 23 of the at large berths that went to these schools...some are very deserving, but some are there because of the conference, and probably will not survive any longer than UNT or MTSU would.

Given that many schools classify themselves as non-revenue soccer programs, why is the NCAA not willing to limit teams from a conference, and allow other programs to grow by gaining the exposure that currently is monopolized by the bigger conferences? There has to be a greenback in these decisions somewhere, even with soccer.... too bad.

Girls were robbed. It is BS. How could they not have made it?

Big name schools run the show here too!!!!

Great year ladies.

Here's another that got screwed.......welcome to the second place club.

In Monday's biggest surprise, the NCAA women's soccer committee ignored the Ducks, turning out the Pac-10's second-place team for the first time in history. Coming off a weekend in which Oregon upset UCLA, 2-1, on Friday and dropped USC, 3-1, in the regular-season finale, the Duck contingent was stunned.

USC and UCLA got in, and UCLA is a #2 seed and hosting....what a hose job this was! And there is nothing wrong with the selection process........