Dickey vs. The SBC

eulesseagle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to split hairs,

College Football News puts out an annual ranking where it looks at

D1 wins, Conference wins, Good wins (winning record/bowl teams), Elite wins (ranked teams), bad losses (d1aa/3 win or less teams), attendence, number of draft picks.

Even if you were to use the stats you list above, we're still not anywhere close to being a world beater. I think you can count on 2 hands the number of wins we've had against teams with a winning record. I'm not sure any players under DD tenure have been draft picks either. Again, we've never even come close to sniffing out an Elite win.

Those are some pretty objective indicators.  The anti-Dickey crowd continue to pick'n choose which stats they want to use to make their argument (offense). 

I also think the anti-DD offense is mute discussion.  One, if the season goes in the tank there are going to be personel changes.  Two, DD health may force the issue.

Our offense has never been anything to write home about. We've always been towards the bottom of NCAA Div 1A list on the offensive stat sheet.

So why don't you sit back, shut up and enjoy the game.  If you really hate the coach so much then put your money where your mouth is an give to the new coach fund.  But don't try to stack the stats in your favor, because the numbers clearly tell a different story.

You mean watching us throw WR screens (did anyone see JQ get leveled against FIU ... geeze) and hopeless hands offs up the middle into a wall of defenders? I'd rather travel 20 minutes down I-540 to see a much more exciting offense then drive 7 hours to watch us flop around hoping to score and then praying we can keep the lead.

Finally, let's keep one thing in mind ...

Past Performance is No Guarantee of Future Results