Who Is The Greatest Player In NT History

Eagle-96

Waters was not really an impact player in college. He was a tight end at North Texas and got even less playing time then Andy Blount. He has really earned every penny that he makes today, his career at North Texas definitely didn't get him into the NFL - getting a practice by the Cowboys (and excelling that day) got him a practice squad spot. Eventually they liked his size and natural ability and they moved him around until he found a position that he could grow into. I give Brian 100% of the credit for his success in the NFL, we did not groom him for it, he took his own future into his own hands and made something happen.

I'm getting old and my memory isn't what it used to be but I seem to recall that Waters did play on the defense line one of his years at North Texas.

Your right I did some research and found his college stats. Starting tight end for 1st 3yrs .. moved to Defensive End for senior year while also serving as backup tight end and even played some fullback.

Senior Year Stats : 16rec for 380yds , 66 tackles & 5 sacks