How LOW can we go? Is Dickey-ball on the line?

NT80

Could this be the beginning of the end for Dickey-ball? Does the Buick have too many miles on it; is it time to trade it in?

All eight of the DMN sports writers predict a SMUt win over UNT straight up in their College picks today. Only three take UNT with 5 points added; but Vito still votes No-way.

Many former DD fans are waning due to the continued losing, QB mess, and stifled progress of the program. There will be more on the line Saturday than just a win or loss on the schedule. It will be a boost or kick in the school's athletic reputation and perceived metroplex ranking with recruits.

It could also be the turning point for the win-SBC-title-job-for-life perception that NT coaches seem to enjoy. OOC game results must become the standard by which our teams and coaches are judged. With a loss, a 7-40 record would not cut it in most places, NONE I can think of.

I'm ready to cheer UNT on to victory over the Phonies. But I'm also ready to call for a change and take OUR program back if that's what it needs. The Buick is sputtering. unsure.gif

That is pathetic that not one person at the DRC is picking UNT to win.  If nothing else, half should be picking them just because they are the home town team.  Pathetic.

It's not the job of reporters to support the home team. It's their job to call it straight, to report fairly, accurately, and without bias. Bias is for columnists, not reporters. Don't ask the press to cheer for the home team. Cheerleaders make lousy reporters.

It's not the job of reporters to support the home team. It's their job to call it straight, to report fairly, accurately, and without bias. Bias is for columnists, not reporters. Don't ask the press to cheer for the home team. Cheerleaders make lousy reporters.

I would agree with to a point, but if that is in fact the case, then why don't any of these reports start getting in the coach's face and asking some questions that mean something. For starters they could ask what about Woody's performance at the UT game didn't stick out? Was it the ONLY SCORING DRIVE of the game that didn't stick out? Was it the 5 for 6 for 80 yards? I agree to a point - but NONE of the people at the DRC really believe UNT has or will win this game? That in itself is poor.

I would agree with to a point, but if that is in fact the case, then why don't any of these reports start getting in the coach's face and asking some questions that mean something.  For starters they could ask what about Woody's performance at the UT game didn't stick out?  Was it the ONLY SCORING DRIVE of the game that didn't stick out?  Was it the 5 for 6 for 80 yards?  I agree to a point - but NONE of the people at the DRC really believe UNT has or will win this game?  That in itself is poor.

You're absolutely right that reporters should ask the tough questions. Don't ask this "How do you feel about the game" stuff. Ask the hard questions.

But the mere fact that none of the reporters feel UNT will win is not necessarily bias. It does, however, say a lot about the perception of the UNT program, that people don't think UNT can beat SMU - at home - two short years after the Eagles went to a bowl game for four straight years.

And there is only one way to change that perception. Win.

But the mere fact that none of the reporters feel UNT will win is not necessarily bias. It does, however, say a lot about the perception of the UNT program, that people don't think UNT can beat SMU - at home - two short years after the Eagles went to a bowl game for four straight years.

And there is only one way to change that perception. Win.

Yes, what he said.