Speaking of fundraising...

DeepGreen

To the Denton locals and DFW area NT fans, I have a question for you. Does the NT Athletic Department have any radio/TV advertising campaigns promoting the Mean Green Club? Traveling to the office in the morning, while listening to a popular radio station, more times than not I hear a short spot promoting the Cardinal Club at Lamar University. Like the MG Club, the Cardinal Club helps provide scholarships for Lamar Student athletes.

I would think that North Texas would do the same type of promoting to garner more membership in the Mean Green Club. Subsequently, increased membership should translate to more athletic ticket sales.

Where do we stand on promotions? huh.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

Guest GrayEagleOne

Deep, I do have some empathy for those trying to promote North Texas athletics in this expensive market.

In your case, unless you listen to a Houston station, the Beaumont-Port Arthur stations reach the core market that Lamar is looking for. They also have several (I believe three) campuses in the area. So, they can reach their target audience rather inexpensively. Here, no one or two stations have a great market advantage so the cost is pretty much prohibitive, since we're talking about the seventh largest market in the U.S. I suppose that if we were going to use radio we'd opt for the two all sports stations (if you call the Ticket's schtick ALL sports) but that would be expensive. Ideally, I'd like to see the Mean Green Club run spots on the sports news of the four VHF commercial TV stations. It would only need to happen for a month or less around the time of the season ticket campaign.

Promotions are a joke. For all the good a Director of Promotions does, that could be turned over to the Associate AD for Marketing. If we can't afford to promote, why do we need to pay a director?

If you know anyone with deep, deep (no pun intended) pockets then have them purchase one of the UHF stations in the area and move it to Denton. Then, Denton could have its own news, weather and sports and reach a much larger audience with great coverage of Denton County.