NJ to test high school athletes for steroids

What I am getting from the article is that only state champions will be tested randomly. Then, if they have a banned substance in their system, there is no mention of the title being taken away, but they will become ineligible for a year. What about seniors?

Powerlifiting in Texas has steroids testing, but it is not run by the UIL.

I know that my old school district(Cypress Fairbanks) has implemented a drug testing system, but for some reason they extend it to also kids who are doing extracurricular clubs and kids who have parking permits on campus.

Granbury also has random drug-testing for any students in extracurricular activities. It's a UIL thing. My only issue with it is that they don't necessarily pull you out during the class period for that activity. They pull you out in the middle of classes you need to be in.... like English on a test day. dry.gif