Creating novelty cap design...Green UT hat

The neat thing about this design is that the Longhorn logo with be shown being carried away by a fierce Eagle. The design is simple. I'll see about getting one made and post it on the board in the next two weeks.

Obviously, I way too much time on my hands!

Go! Mean Green!

Austin rhymes with Boston, but Orange doesn't rhyme with anything!

A law suit in the making...you cannot use the Longhorn without paying licensing fees and it must be approved by UT. If LaLa did a cap with our new 'son of worm' with a black X through it it would be in violation of the tm and licensing agreements. We would have to approve their design, which we would not do. Good idea, but in this world, complicated.

A law suit in the making...you cannot use the Longhorn without paying licensing fees and it must be approved by UT.  If LaLa did a cap with our new 'son of worm' with a black X through it it would be in violation of the tm and licensing agreements.  We would have to approve their design, which we would not do.  Good idea, but in this world, complicated.

actually, if you buy the hat from a liscensed dealer (like a retail store like Lids, which is what I think he is talking about) it doesnt matter what you do with it because they have already earned their money. I have actually seen a green longhorn hat, and it would be funny to have the eagle stitched on top of it. However, by purchasing the hat, you are really not hurting UT at all, as you would be sending your money straight to their pockets.

I say just make a shirt that say F-UT. I mean, sure its not really very classy, but it is effective.

A law suit in the making...you cannot use the Longhorn without paying licensing fees and it must be approved by UT.  If LaLa did a cap with our new 'son of worm' with a black X through it it would be in violation of the tm and licensing agreements.  We would have to approve their design, which we would not do.  Good idea, but in this world, complicated.

Judging by GGII's track record on following through on things he says he's going to do. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'm still waiting on the toothpick model stadium that he promised us more than a year ago.

Judging by GGII's track record on following through on things he says he's going to do. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'm still waiting on the toothpick model stadium that he promised us more than a year ago.

You are so right! I never, ever, ever follow through on anything I say I'm gonna do! You've really got me figured out, right? I'm the worst thing that ever happened to North Texas Athletics! I sincerely appogize! How awful of me!

GGII....Dont be offended by Mister Negativity....Based on his track record...the mean green havent seen a victory in 20 years...

I am a proud supporter of the Mean Green. I just get tired of lemmings believing everything people say. Especially people who stretch the truth about something they are are going to do for the program or team and then don't follow through.

My posts are not negative, they are factual. If you can't handle that then you probably should apply for the play-by-play job on the MGRN and you can support the program blindly as the announcers on the broadcast currently do.

You can support something, without being blind to the way to make things better.

You are so right! I never, ever, ever follow through on anything I say I'm gonna do! You've really got me figured out, right? I'm the worst thing that ever happened to North Texas Athletics! I sincerely appogize! How awful of me!

I invented the penetrating worm!

Whoopedoo!

...then you probably should apply for the play-by-play job on the MGRN and you can support the program blindly as the announcers on the broadcast currently do.

You can support something, without being blind to the way to make things better.

Are you seriously taking shots at Dunham and Dickenson?!? You've got to be full of some vile hatred to dislike either of those guys, IMHO--esp. Dunham. If your reason for not liking them is that they actively root for the Mean Green during broadcasts, I'd also like for you to name 1 I-A team in the nation that doesn't have announcers that do the very same thing.

Guest JohnDenver

GGII had a picture posted of his proposed stadium design. No one ever PROMISED to show a full model to us. Stebo used to poke fun at GGII for it, but the actual design was posted.

I have also seen hats printed out by GGII and handed out before football games.

I have also seen him in attendance at all the border state games.

The only thing he doesn't "follow up" on is his threat to not buy season tickets and not go to a game until DD is gone or the AD shapes up .. I am glad he doesn't follow through on those promises.

This is GGII's stadium that he designed and showed to us last year. It's one of many projects he has taken on over the past 30+ years for....the honor and fame, and glory of U.N.T.

I really like this design and would like to see it done digitally. If you compare his to the current version on the website you can see that GGII's version not only places the fan closer to the field, giving us a better chance for a home field advantage, but it also puts more of the faithful supporters and season ticket holders closer to the field instead of in the clouds and out of the game where NO ONE wants to watch a game from.

user posted image

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick