do you think you can improve

statefanatic

Why worry about it now??

1.  UNT has a new DC with a new scheme.

2.  DD/RF are implementing new offensive plays.

3.  3 good QB's.

4.  Good OOC opponents that will give us a chance to win providing #1 & #2 work.

----------------------------------------

We should know how the season will turn out by the end of September.

Win 2 OOC games, run the belt and beat the #4 CUSA team....those are my expectations!!

I think #1, 3, and 4 are good, but #2 I will believe it when I see it. They spew the same crap every year and the offense seems to get get worse each year.

you people are so thick headed. no wonder ya'll argue so much on this board. no wonder NT has fallen to last in the conf. none of you think big all you do is find reasons not to succeed. go to other teams boards and read how they act. other board are cheering for there teams and making bold predictions. and as for TROY being a upper team. they have yet to beat ASU or win the conf.

NT fans feel about football the way ASU fans feel about basketball. Your coach isn't very popular there is he? huh.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

untbowler---

you will have to agree that the offensive play calling changed from the first half to the last half of the season last year. I saw a dramatic change from the last 7 1/2 years of 2 yards and a cloud of dust up the middle.

For those who watched the spring practice.......did you notice of the offensive play calling opening up??

What is posted on this board between now and the first game will be all symatics on the play calling and how games will be managed.

My main concern will be if DD, et al, will implement an offense complimentary of the talent that he has instead of what he wants it to be.

On a side note, it would truely be professional of everyone to use your UNT education to use words other than playground "slang" curse words on this board.

untbowler---

you will have to agree that the offensive play calling changed from the first half to the last half of the season last year.  I saw a dramatic change from the last 7 1/2 years of 2 yards and a cloud of dust up the middle.

For those who watched the spring practice.......did you notice of the offensive play calling opening up??

What is posted on this board between now and the first game will be all symatics on the play calling and how games will be managed.

My main concern will be if DD, et al, will implement an offense complimentary of the talent that he has instead of what he wants it to be.

On a side note, it would truely be professional of everyone to use your UNT education to use words other than playground "slang" curse words on this board.

They did open it up a little bit but that seemed more out of necessity but the coaches also did not use plays that would work best for their athletes. I know it is a pipe dream but with the talent and speed on offense hopefully the Offensive Gurus we have running the team will play to our strengths and it is not the banging head on running game that we have watched for 8 years now.

NT may have lost OOC game by a big margin, but if you look at the conf. as a whole, OOC games were clooser than they have ever been.

NT certainly wasn't the only team with OOC blowouts in '05. With that in mind, the '05 season wasn't even close to being the most competitive for the belt in OOC play.

North Texas: Lost to TCU by 14, lost to 11-2(defending '00 national champion) Oklahoma by 27 in '01.

Lost to 11-2 Texas by 27 holding them scoreless in the second half, lost to 10-3 Alabama by 26, lost to 10-2 TCU by 6, lost to Arizona on controversial call at the goal line by 5, beat C-USA champion Cincinnati(beat 10-2 TCU, lost to 14-0 national champion Ohio State by 4 earlier that season) by 5 in the bowl game in '02.

Beat Baylor by 28, lost to Air Force by 13 and to Memphis by 10 in '03.

Probably our last good showing against an OOC power program was the loss to eventual Big 12 North Champion, 8-5 Colorado by 21 in '04.

MTSU: Beat Vanderbilt by 9, Beat Connecticut by 24 and lost to a 10-2 LSU team by 16 in '01.

Lost to 10-3 Alabama by 5, lost to 8-5 Tennessee by 23, lost to 7-5 Kentucky by 22 in '02

Lost to 11-3 Georgia by 19, lost to 9-4 Clemson by 23, lost to 8-5 Missouri by 1 in '03.

ULL: Lost to A&M by 24, lost to Minnesota by 24, beat Alabama-Birmingham by 34 in '02.

Lost to South Carolina and Houston by 7 in '03

Lost to La Tech by 4 and to K State by 20 in '04.

Troy: Provisional season as a 1-A independant: Lost to an 11-2 Nebraska team by 28, lost to 12-0 Miami by 31, beat Mississippi State by 13 in '01.

Lost to Nebraska by 15, lost to Alabama-Birmignham by 1, lost to Mississippi State by 3, lost to 11-2 Marshall by 17, lost to 9-5 Arkansas by 23 in '02.

Beat Alabama-Birmingham by 9, beat 8-4 Marshall(coming off a win over 11-4 K State the previous week) by 9, lost to 8-5 Virginia by 24 in '03.

Beat Marshall by 2, beat Missouri by 10, lost to 6-5 South Carolina by 10 and lost to 9-3 LSU by 4 in '04.

I won't include them, but there were also several good OOC games, including wins, played by New Mexico State, Idaho and Utah State when they were still in the Belt as well.

If one wanted to truly find the weak link in the belt in OOC play look no further than ULM, who has lost only 1 OOC game to a 1-A opponent by fewer than 29 points since the '01 season, and that being a 21 point loss to Wyoming in '04

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick