Conference Tournament?

BIG DAWG

Does every Sunbelt team make the conferene tournament?

I do not follow basketball near as much as I follow basketball, but before the losing streak, I satarted keeping up with the basketball team.

I just wanted to know if regardless of how we finish the regular season, if we could still play in the conference tournament.

Last year, only the top teams made the conference tournament.

That's not correct. Last year the tournament was held in Denton, all teams were in the field. First round games were played both at TWU and UNT, top 8 teams had first round byes as will be the case this year. I saw every game except two, when games were played simultaneously at two locations.

I have also been to the tournament when they were held in Mobile and New Orleans. All teams were in the tournament those years, also. Not sure but maybe only the top 8 made the field when the tournament was held at WKU.

Other than one time several years ago, all the teams have always made the tournament.

I posed the question on the SBC board just to be sure.

Interestingly enough, most of the fans over there would prefer just 8 teams make the tournament at it: makes the regular season more meaningful, helps to RPI and would put pressure on coaches to win!

Other than one time several years ago, all the teams have always made the tournament.

I posed the question on the SBC board just to be sure.

Interestingly enough, most of the fans over there would prefer just 8 teams make the tournament at it: makes the regular season more meaningful, helps to RPI and would put pressure on coaches to win!

I think pretty much it goes like this:

If it is at Western Kentucky, where being a top 8 team is pretty much a given - the field is cut to 8. If it is at North Texas or at MTSU, then they allow everyone so that the home court will be able to be full from home fans at least once.