Losing Recruits To Lessers Programs

DeepGreen

Louisiana Tech is beating out the likes of Northwestern State, McNeese, Delta State and Tennessee-Chattanooga for some of their recruits and losing them to TCU.

"Tech has received a verbal commitment from Ruston High School defensive lineman Randy Grigsby, but it looks like the Bulldogs will lose Ouachita Parish High School receiver/defensive back Jimmy Young to TCU.

Grigsby, a 6-5, 250-pound defensive end is the fourth local player who is expected to sign with Tech on Feb. 1, National Signing day, joining Wossman linebacker Cardia Jackson, OCS tight end Rob McGill and West Monroe tight end Clayton Chambers.

Grigsby chose Tech over Northwestern State, where he made an official visit, and McNeese State.

Young committed to Tech back in December, but recently has drawn serious interest from TCU, Tulsa and Mississippi State.

"I talked to Jimmy this morning and it all happened pretty quick,'' Ouachita coach John Carr said. "He wanted to look at some other places and have something to compare Tech to.''

Young made official visits to Tulsa and TCU, visiting TCU this past weekend.

"It just went great as far as the coaches, the facilities and the players have a lot of chemistry,'' Young said. "I felt like I could see myself living there even after college.''

Tech has also received a verbal commitment from Wayne County (Miss.) High School offensive lineman Will Taylor.

The 6-6, 292-pound Taylor helped Wayne County to a 14-1 record and state runner-up in Class 4A.

Taylor said he chose Tech over Tennesse-Chattanooga and Delta State."

Ahhh... Infidels

I love the crazy quotes by the crazy Iraqi info minister: However there are a few I am beginning to believe now.. LOL

Bush "knows that he is standing in quicksand when it comes to his baseless talk on Iraq"

"I speak better English than this Bush"

"an attempt at humor" --- I would post a couple more of them but I KNOW they would be deleted......this might....LOL