Bowl tickets not a hot item for ASU

MeanGreen61

“I would hope that we would have in the neighborhood of 6,000 fans total down there for it when everything is said and done.”

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.asp?ID=13418

Arkansas State has sold roughly half of its ticket allotment for the New Orleans Bowl, according to Director of Athletics Dean Lee.

Lee said ASU has sold about 2,800 tickets, a figure that includes player complimentary tickets and tickets in the Tickets for Kids program. The university was given an allotment of 5,625 tickets for the game.

“I would hope that we would have in the neighborhood of 6,000 fans total down there for it when everything is said and done.”

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.asp?ID=13418

Arkansas State has sold roughly half of its ticket allotment for the New Orleans Bowl, according to Director of Athletics Dean Lee.

Lee said ASU has sold about 2,800 tickets, a figure that includes player complimentary tickets and tickets in the Tickets for Kids program. The university was given an allotment of 5,625 tickets for the game.

Nor at Southern Miss. They are estimating taking 3,000 to 5,000.

no offense to the ASU fan at all, but if you are the NO Bowl, you had to be rooting for UL-Laf... seems like they would have had a pretty good showing at home

Historically the New Orleans Bowl ain't got what they wanted.

They wanted MTSU in 2001 and got UNT.

In 2002 they wanted Tulane and got Cincinnati (thanks to Cincy having already played in Hawaii that year and getting in a brawl to boot).

In 2004 they wanted Troy to such a degree that they were willing to find a site for USM if UNT failed to find a berth elsewhere.

The fact that they have honored their committments despite not getting their wish doesn't offend me in the least.

Could this be the beginning of the end of the New Orleans Bowl ? Hopefully not. Layfayette is no New Orleans. However I would have expected more ASU fans to make the trip since I believe they have never been to a bowl game before.

Don't be silly.

The ticket allotment numbers are set at a level that that insures the game will break even. The only financial risk belongs to ASU and USM.

We'll be there roooting for this year's Sunbelt Champs. Hard to break old habbits... have to go to the New Orleans Bowl, even in Lafayette. The stadium is nice, and Shreveport is between us an there. Makes for a decent road trip...

As for the Bowl game, we will be sporting Mean Green colors... but we will be cheering for Ark State. Kick Eagle A$$ in the Bowl, Ark State!!!! Although we are not in this game, it still feels like our bowl week? Obviously I can't predict a Nick Bazaldua game-winning kick this year, and no late nights on Bourbon Street? (just feels like this game should be called the "Mean Green Year Off" Bowl)

Ah, to hell with it...GO Ark State

GMG!!!

So Southern Miss is back in the NO Bowl this year?? Great. Well, the only way I can see USM blowing this game is if they pull a 2002 Cincy and not really show up for the game. How did USM not win CUSA this year??...injuries?

No offense to the Ark. St fans, but having seen USM up close last year, you don't have the size to compete with them. We were a far better team last year (than any of the 3 co-champs are this year) and we got owned. That said, I'll be rooting for the upset.