Memo to RV

MGW

I think some of you are taking this hating Dickey thing a little too seriously. I heard someone call him Devil Dickey in another post, and now we want RV to do a re-enactment of the Apprentice to fire him? People your hostility is a little misdirected. This is just a college football coach we're speaking of here, he is a person too. I saw this guy balling like he was losing a son when they were listing off PC's accomplishments over the last 5 years.

I think its time for a new head coach & staff as well, but I don't like the anger and just downright savage behavior some of you are displaying towards your dislike of the coach. If you're mad at the president or congress because of some bill or policy or even at Dr Pohl because you're tuition is too high, that's a different story, but DD is just a football coach people.

I think some of you are taking this hating Dickey thing a little too seriously. I heard someone call him Devil Dickey in another post, and now we want RV to do a re-enactment of the Apprentice to fire him? People your hostility is a little misdirected. This is just a college football coach we're speaking of here, he is a person too. I saw this guy balling like he was losing a son when they were listing off PC's accomplishments over the last 5 years.

I think its time for a new head coach & staff as well, but I don't like the anger and just downright savage behavior some of you are displaying towards your dislike of the coach. If you're mad at the president or congress because of some bill or policy or even at Dr Pohl because you're tuition is too high, that's a different story, but DD is just a football coach people.

Great post - well said.

Not being good at your job doesn't make you evil, mean, cruel, a deciever, or anything else along those lines.

I also do not think most on the board mean anything personally - they have just dehumanized the situation to where Dickey is a giant cartoon character pinata they can take shots at.

Edited by Michael Scott

I don't know...I have a new perspective on DD. My Dad came along with me to this last game (first one he's been at since the late 90's)....he came away talking about how we "looked" more like a I-A football team now....across the board we have more size, skill and depth. He was impressed with our QBs (ok, not as much by Phillips) considering that they are both freshman....and he loved Johnny Quinn (how can you not?). He was used to seeing guys like Attaway and Bridges at QB, and had never seen Cobbs in person.

Anyway, the point of all this is that an outsider who sees your kids every 2-3 years is always shocked by how much they've grown....well, the same thing happened at the football game this Saturday. It was obvious to an outsider that UNT football has done alot of growing in the last 6-7 years.

This was a hard year, esp. not winning ANY home games....but we are STILL moving in the right direction. That didn't stop just b/c of this one year...

I STILL Believe In The MEAN GREEN!

I think some of you are taking this hating Dickey thing a little too seriously.

You make the point that some people "are taking this hating Dickey thing a little too seriously" in response to a post that references Animal House and the pop-culture icon Donald Trump?

That, my friend, is ironic.