Tailgating for Saturday's Game

ADLER

The Greenbackers Tailgate Party will start at 2:30 on Saturday preceding the football game against the University of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

We will be serving hamburgers and cheeseburgers for this week's game. Sound Man has had a very large charcoal pit made so we can cook several hundred burgers in a very short time period. Iced down bottled water and soft drinks will also be available in 'the pool'.

The award winning group Brave Combo will be providing the musical entertainment for the tailgate area.

The weather is forecasted to be perfect, unseasonably warm for November; 80's during tailgating, and 70's during the game.

As always, our Greenbacker's Tailgate Parties are open to all fans, with a special invitation extended to our message board community and to the families of our football players.

The Mean Green March will be at 4:00.

Tailgating ends 30 minutes before kickoff. This gives you plenty of time to get your chairs an ice chests back to your car before kickoff.

Please bring your own folding chairs, enough beer to share, and ice chests for your beer. (we get in trouble if there's beer available in the pool)

If you are interested in contributing to the party effort, please bring Ruffles Potato Chips, canned Coca-Cola products and/or ice to contribute to 'the pool'.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday.

Go Mean Green!

Adler

At the last tailgating event, the greenbackers ran out of ice. So, please bring at least one or two bags with you when you come to participate.

I noticed the same thing. With everyone coming at different times, if each person that reads this brought 2 bags of ice I think we could keep a pretty good basal amount of ice.

I upped the order on ice from the 15 20lb bags to 25 so that should help some.

We will also be in a smaller "pool" due to the fact that someoen believed they needed it more than we did

We should be in a lot better position on ice. Our last game we were battling 104 degree temperatures and had to be set up by 9:00 AM. The ice was long gone by gametime. This time we'll have more ice, and shorter exposure to milder weather.

As far as dealing with the theft during the game issues. Maybe the athletic department can figure a way to switch the light switch to 'ON' to light the tailgate fields. They were working on it for the last two games, and with an extra month and a half to prepare, I have faith they'll find a way to flip that switch.

I upped the order on ice from the 15 20lb bags to 25 so that should help some.

We will also be in a smaller "pool" due to the fact that someoen believed they needed it more than we did

Yeah, and somebody thought they needed our beer more than we did at my tailgate spot. Came out after the game and the coolers had been raided. mad.gif Get a rope!

It's a very simple solution.

Turn on the lights that need to be left on, and keep somewhat of a police presence around everyone's equiptment.

I would love for everyone to be able to leave their chairs in the tailgate area during the game and then get to reconvene for a few beers after the game.

Quick question...I know some of you made it in to the parking lot before security arrived at got to park where you wanted...what time did you get there. I'm sure you still had to pay, but atleast you got to park on the ends.

any ideas on what time i would need to arrive to score and end parking slot?