Cajuns discuss possible CUSA opening

MeanGreen61

ULL is facing a $140,000 budget cut and the real chance of a further $140,000 after that.

No word on what the cut for ULM is.

I believe it was a 3 percent cut across the board. The 140K represented the athletic fund cut. So, ULM, LaTech, etc, will all be cut similarly. I think the Cajuns and LaTech have very similar budgets, while ULM is just below that. I've also heard that it is the "first" cut; so no telling how bad it gets. These past two hurricanes have really put a hurt on state finances across the board.

Shof

A year ago, NMSU contacted Dr Pohls office and asked for clearance to talk to our AD. NMSU got permission and RV reviewed the situation and declined the offer to be considered for the position. All the sudden word broke on this board that "Rick is chasing the NMSU job".

declined to be considered? who is spreading rumors now? maybe get your factas straight

Academic Scandal Touched Aggies' New AD

Published on December 15, 2004, Article 12 of 687 found.

NMSU Boss Says Boston a Scapegoat

McKinley Boston has found an occupational second chance and an unreserved ally at New Mexico State in his hiring as the school's athletic director.

Boston was introduced Tuesday in Las Cruces as the athletic director. NMSU President Michael Martin chose him over Rick Villarreal, the AD at North Texas.

Martin worked with Boston when both were vice presidents at the University of Minnesota. Four years ago, Boston lost his job (Albuquerque Journal (NM), 774 words. )

Edited by LoveMG

Shof----

My personal apology if I took your comment the wrong way.

Rumors rub me the wrong way on this board and at work.

Probably a good thing you are not coming to Denton for the Saturday game.  Usually, driving back from a loss makes the drive soooo much longer. laugh.gif

The drive back is usually 7 hours from Lafayette to San Antonio; so I'm used to it biggrin.gif