This is still the 2005 season...we can still

Green Grenade II

We have Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe and Arkansas State all coming to Fouts Field. We must beat Florida-Atlantic and then win out at home. We do that, and we win the SunBelt...again. We finish 6-1 in conference, and and 7-4 overall, assuming we beat LaTech Saturday and lose in Baton Rouge on the 29th. Otherwise, we'd finish 6-5. Either way, we'd make our fifth straight appearance in The New Orleans Bowl (in Cajun Field).

Am I drinkin' the Green Koolaid or smokin something here. Join me, it's fun to realize what CAN happen. I'm saying it WILL happen. As PlummGreen always says...it's time to (GAG) "Circle the Wagons."

We have Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe and Arkansas State all coming to Fouts Field. We must beat Florida-Atlantic and then win out at home. We do that, and we win the SunBelt...again. We finish 6-1 in conference, and and 7-4 overall, assuming we beat LaTech Saturday and lose in Baton Rouge on the 29th. Otherwise, we'd finish 6-5. Either way, we'd make our fifth straight appearance in The New Orleans Bowl (in Cajun Field).

Am I drinkin' the Green Koolaid or smokin something here. Join me, it's fun to realize what CAN  happen. I'm saying it WILL happen. As PlummGreen always says...it's time to (GAG) "Circle the Wagons."

Come on Rick, catch up man, I have a new signature statement IN BIG & BOLD LETTERS, OF COURSE! tongue.gif

On the subject of winning, I'm beginning to wonder if that is even enough with some on this board? sad.gif

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I like the positive thinking on this board........but it ain't going to happen with this team.

Uh where have you been the last few years? It has stunk most of the first several games and then gotten surprisingly better. Should we accept that? NO! However, it doesn't look much bleaker than it ever has at this point in the season. Show some support and don't give up. We need change, but stay positive for the team in the meantime. Maybe if there was a big turnout over in Ruston that would make a difference in attitude. I'm willing to risk it, and you should be too!

We must win out in conference and Troy must lose 1 more game to take it outright.

If we end up in a 3-way tie, I don't like our chances of getting picked by the bowl committee unless we beat La Tech and play LSU surprisingly close.

Has everyone forgotten a team called UL-M???? If they don't lose another game, they win it outright. If they only lose to us, they share the title... ph34r.gif

Has everyone forgotten a team called UL-M????  If they don't lose another game, they win it outright.  If they only lose to us, they share the title... ph34r.gif

And the spare-ness of our NT team will still go to the bowl game if we win out.

I dont think this will even matter, however. I said at the beginning of the year I thought ULM would be one team that could beat us and I still believe that-- although I am now convinced that almost any Div 1A team could beat us, so thats not saying much.

I dont think we beat ASU or ULM. I'll be there to witness them however! Cause tailgatin is the coolest

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Do you remember we lost to FAU last year? Then later NT played better and for example dominated ASU on the road. I say 'surprisingly' better about the past seasons because at this same point in most all of the last few years people are wondering whether we will win any more games, even SBC ones. Then notwithstanding those doubts, they come out and win the SBC games. I want to reiterate that it is not enough, that more must be expected. However, I'd sure rather do everything possible to see them win the rest of the SBC games, than give up. Contrary to the approach proposed by the disenchanted SMU fan on that other thread, I think it would be better to see NT win these games than have some sort of 'cathartic' meltdown, in the failed hope that it will produce an immediate renaissance. That's just stupid. So, right, it's just the SBC and Louisiana Tech, but our program needs to win these games, and if they get on it, then there's a very good chance that can happen. We should all blast down there to Ruston Saturday and yell like maniacs and maybe if the team sees their fans have not given up and still expect them to win, it will help them to get in the right frame of mind. What else can we possibly do that has a chance of having an impact?

And I'm gonna say one more thing becuase we DID just win, and I could see how someone might look at these posts and be perplexed. I thought we would beat the dog out of that baby program, but maybe they have something going over there at FIU. I'm alarmed because I feel like there should have been a lot bigger margin, but again, business as usual for our program the last few years has generally been real slow going for several games into the season and even then many of the later SBC wins were not by much of a margin. So for right now let us stop lamenting and focus on the immediate task and ask ourselves, what can we do to help win the next game? The answer is the same as for all the others: show up and make noise.