Have fun in Baton Rouge...

SouthernMustang

Kickoff in Tiger Stadium on a hot, humid evening marked LSU's first Monday game and latest home opener ever and punctuated a remarkable four weeks for the Tigers and new coach Les Miles.

Miles sprinted with his team onto the field and received a huge, enthusiastic ovation, albeit from a crowd somewhat thinner than what normally greets the Tigers at kickoff.

It was a stark contrast to the welcome Tennessee's team received when it arrived on campus two hours earlier. LSU fans rocked their buses and broke windows by throwing beer bottles at the Vols.

UT athletics director Mike Hamilton said the Tennessee party had four buses, and he was on the last one, which included other school officials and cheerleaders. "They were throwing bottles at the buses and that kind of stuff," Hamilton said. "The bus I was on, they broke three of the windows."

Vicky Fulmer, wife of UT coach Phillip Fulmer, was riding on the first UT bus and said fans threw beer all over it.

LSU officials explained that three cracked windows occurred after the UT buses mistakenly got behind the LSU team buses, which stopped as scheduled.

"Usually that never happens," LSU associate athletics director Herb Vincent said. "We keep the (visiting team) buses moving so the fans never get the opportunity to touch the buses."

Terrible, terrible fans...

I truly hope y'all aren't subjected to that kind of behavior. Shows how much control that institution has over their fanbase. Pretty scary. Going to Ole Miss games on the road as a kid and so on, I remember fans at many schools being hostile during the game -- but very hospitable before and after. LSU is certainly NOT one of those places. Their fans don't know how to act decent.

I bolded that one part b/c instead of teaching their fans to act like normal human beings, they usually speed the buses through not to give them a chance.

I hope they enjoy Coach "Les," as he takes them "Miles" away from college football significance. Yes, I know that was really lame.

LSU is not alone, Ohio State fans threw beer bottles at the Texas fans who visited after Texas won... it was so bad the Ohio State president issued an apology to all Texas fans who had visited columbus...I dont think that is a first for them

Im still gonna go to the LSU game tho. Maybe I will bring a video camera and document my pre-game and post-game experiences.

We have some pretty classy fans at NT, and I am proud of that. In fact, Texas as a whole is a pretty classy place to watch any college football game

When we visited after the team got the locker rooms the defensive coordinator said he had never been flipped off that much in his life. Coach Roberts answered that he had never been flipped off by a 5 year old before.

"We keep the (visiting team) buses moving so the fans never get the opportunity to touch the buses."

That's just not true.

Everyone on the ASU busses talked about how the LSU fans were shoving the sides of the busses making them rock from side to side as they drove to the stadium.

Everyone on the ASU busses talked about how the LSU fans were shoving the sides of the busses making them rock from side to side as they drove to the stadium.

Throwing things and flipping people off are classless acts, but shaking a bus like that is simply disturbing.

I mean, what if by some chance in hell they succeeded? Sure the fans would get what they deserved, but how many coaches/players/cheerleaders could be injured by such a senseless act?

Throwing things and flipping people off are classless acts, but shaking a bus like that is simply disturbing.

I mean, what if by some chance in hell they succeeded? Sure the fans would get what they deserved, but how many coaches/players/cheerleaders could be injured by such a senseless act?

Sadly, LSU fans aren't smart enough to comprehend that when you rock a bus on both sides ... it will fall on one of the parties.

They really don't care, and yah you can blame some stupid acts (like flipping off, etc) on booze ... but there are over 100 D-1A college football stadiums where people tailgate and drink booze and don't do crap like this.

Sadly, LSU fans aren't smart enough to comprehend that when you rock a bus on both sides ... it will fall on one of the parties.

They really don't care, and yah you can blame some stupid acts (like flipping off, etc) on booze ... but there are over 100 D-1A college football stadiums where people tailgate and drink booze and don't do crap like this.

lsua&m@br fans, for the most part, are useless pieces of garbage