Anybody else have to deal with entrance to...

kj86

Orange and Blue lot entrance was closed due to some "accident" according to the cop that was directing traffic. We sat in a non-moving line for quite a while, causing us to miss some of your tailgating time.

Also, let's say you have a pass to the Orange lot and your fellow tailgaters don't have a parking pass. They weren't letting paying customers in the Orange or Blue lots anymore. So, how do you hook up with the rest of your party? My buddy had to pull over to the side of the road and unload all of his gear. Then, after the game, we had to stuff it all into one vehicle and haul it over to where he was parked and unload/reload. What a beating. My crew has pretty much decided that we will "tailgate" at home and just show up for the game if there is no solution for this problem. Any ideas?

My suggestion is get there earlier. jk

My family and I got there around 3:30, sat in the same line, and then had to end up parking behind Clark. Really wan't that bad of a walk, but we had a bunch of stuff that we didn't take because it would have been to much hassle. We've decided that next time we'll try getting there 3 or 4 hours early (after the Tulsa game - parking may not be a problem). I think it's a great problem to have, though it did keep me from drinking for an extra 30 minutes.

Yes that was a mess. We got there around 3:30ish and were told rather rudely by the parking attendant lady that we couldn't pay to park even though there were empty spots. She said they were all for the parking pass people.

So how do you get a parking pass?

join the MGC

just like every other school

Edited by Sound_Man

Yes that was a mess. We got there around 3:30ish and were told rather rudely by the parking attendant lady that we couldn't pay to park even though there were empty spots. She said they were all for the parking pass people.

So how do you get a parking pass?

This was BS, Was this lady by Santa Fe? If it was That lady told me the same thing. So I drove to the next entrance and those people were more than happy to take my 10 bucks to let me park. This was at 9:30am. I dropped some cars off with some friends to make sure I had a spot, and came back later. This also kinda got my blood pumping

This was BS, Was this lady by Santa Fe? If it was That lady told me the same thing.  So I drove to the next entrance and those people were more than happy to take my 10 bucks to let me park.  This was at 9:30am.  I dropped some cars off with some friends to make sure I had a spot, and came back later.  This also kinda got my blood pumping

Had the same problem. It seemed to be that Blue parking was about full (around 3pm) and the cars in the front of the line were trying to get into the blue lot. I went around and was able to get in since Orange parking had spots available still.

I mentioned to Mandy and she was aware. I don't think it will happen again.

Looking at the priority parking chart on meangreensports.com, I didn't realize that the blue lot was so large. Plus, I always thought the blue and orange were switched.

What I don't like is I keep forgetting I have to go around the university to get to the entrance. But it makes sense to block that off so people can pass freely back and forth. I don't really have a problem.

It's great to hear that parking went so fast. That reflects how big a crowd we had. Also glad to hear that the parking attendants were guarding those spots. I have an orange sticker and I paid dearly for it. I would be pi$$ed to no end to find out they sold the spots...

Possible Solution: Talk your friends into joining the MGC too.

Possible Alternate Solution: pack everyone in one car and drop them off by the tailgate area and then go park somewhere or park and everyone walk a relatively short distance to the tailgate area. Pack all the supplies, etc., into the other car and park it in the tailgate area.