Tulsa's Coaching

Coffee and TV

This is unbelievable!!! They did not run up the score. They kicked our a--! NT gave up from the top down. When you trail by 24 points in the 3rd qtr and it is 3 and 15 and you to not attempt a pass???? What does that tell your team???

As for returning the fumble for the TD? What are you going to tell a kid when he makes a great play? Run out of bounds? Fall down. Wake up. That kid busts his butt all week just hoping for a play like that. I bet any of you would have done the same thing no matter what the score was.

I have watched NT football for over 35 years and have never been this disgusted.

Hopefully our team and coaching staff can learn something from this defeat.

MEAN GREEN for LIFE!!!

To Tramp96--

Meaning no disrespect but 80-21 (texas tech over sam houston) is not running up the score.....

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

When you pull your starters less than 1 minute into the 3rd quarter (after one series), and pull your 2nd string in the 4th quarter, and run 7 straight runs when you are a passing team...that is not running up the score. When you play basically all freshmen in the 2nd half, and no pass attempt is longer than 2-3 yards (even if the end result is a 40 yd gain), then that is not running up the score.

If you score with runs and short dump passes ( thye equivalent of a run) with 2nd and 3rd stringers, then so be it. It's a bigger insult to take a knee in the 3rd quarter, is it not?

I remember when OU tried everything possible not to gain yards or score against A&M when they destroyed them 77-0. Many Ags were embarrassed that OU had to try NOT to score.

Tulsa peeps, one poster suggested TU ran up the score, another questioned 4th and 1 late. Of the 23,000 there, you might find 50 that thought you ran up the score.

It was the worst I have seen a NT team play in many, many years. That includes our 65-0 humiliation to the Horns last year.

Did I walk away impressed with Tulsa? Kinda. Glad to see you have improved your lot in the football landscape lately.

I am so disappointed that our overall talent base has actually DECREASED over the past 4 years given our success and improved facilities. I just don't get it.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

You take every opportunity to work your plays and improve your team in preparation for the games to come. If that results in a score on someone who's down, that's tough. We got on the bad end of it this time. Sometimes we have been on the other side.