To Green Brigaders: How Many in 2005 Band? And New

PlummMeanGreen

Not sure of the number in the GB this year. I do know that the new uni's are SWEET!!!! A huge improvement over the previous uni's. And as far as a halftime show is concerned, the songs that I keep on hearing mentioned are: Rhapsody in Blue, Blue Shades, and Niagra Falls something or rather. Can't wait to hear what the band sounds like on Saturday!!!!! biggrin.gif

Not sure of the number in the GB this year.  I do know that the new uni's are SWEET!!!!  A huge improvement over the previous uni's.  And as far as a halftime show is concerned, the songs that I keep on hearing mentioned are: Rhapsody in Blue, Blue Shades, and Niagra Falls something or rather.  Can't wait to hear what the band sounds like on Saturday!!!!!  biggrin.gif

Rhapsody in Blue - great choice, especially with at least a few jazzers in the band. But it'll have to be a "short version", the whole piece is 17-1/2 minutes! And they'll need a couple of hundred clarinets just so they can be heard tongue.gif .

And they'll need a couple of hundred clarinets just so they can be heard  tongue.gif .

We're from North Texas...send out a few emails and it can be done!

I remember a few years ago (4 is a few, right?) Corporon was explaining a Wind Symphony piece they were about to play. If you were at the concert that night, you might've noticed that there were something like 40+ percussionists prepared to play at the beginning of that piece. His (Corporon's) explanation mentioned that it required one of the largest percussion sections ever demanded of a wind ensemble piece. His words?

"Here at the University of North Texas, that's not a problem." It made the audience chuckle.

-gm

We're from North Texas...send out a few emails and it can be done!

I remember a few years ago (4 is a few, right?) Corporon was explaining a Wind Symphony piece they were about to play.  If you were at the concert that night, you might've noticed that there were something like 40+ percussionists prepared to play at the beginning of that piece.  His (Corporon's) explanation mentioned that it required one of the largest percussion sections ever demanded of a wind ensemble piece.  His words?

"Here at the University of North Texas, that's not a problem."  It made the audience chuckle.

-gm

Sounds like a percussion ensemble with a wind section instead of a wind ensemble with a percussion section cool.gif .

Not sure of the number in the GB this year.  I do know that the new uni's are SWEET!!!!  A huge improvement over the previous uni's.  And as far as a halftime show is concerned, the songs that I keep on hearing mentioned are: Rhapsody in Blue, Blue Shades, and Niagra Falls something or rather.  Can't wait to hear what the band sounds like on Saturday!!!!!  biggrin.gif

That's great to hear what the concert band is gonna play, what does the marching band have lined up for us?