Beginning of 3'rd Quarter: Bama 9 MT 7

PlummMeanGreen

3'rd quarter almost done:

UA 23

MT 7

MT running backs have carried the ball 21 X's for 34 yards thru almost 3 quarters.

MT QB Marks is 11 of 14 for 101 yards thus far with a 23 yard TD pass.

I would think we'd all agree that MT QB Clint Marks is the key to our game with the Blue Raiders next week.

Will this game be on DFW Channel 52? Anyone know?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I will easily go out on this limb and say that even SEC Alabama does not have as good a running game (or RB's) as NORTH TEXAS with our Dynamic Duo. I believe we have a good enought offensive line to be OK with most SBC teams.

smile.gif BUT............it's the NT "D" (line) that better tighten up the old jock staps because MT QB Clint Marks is going to throw the ball 40 or more X's next week; unless, they suddenly develop a running game. blink.gif

The NT/MT game will be most interesting and whatever the results in Bama tonight, we can throw out the door because we have to go to their house and play. IMO, our not playing LSU tonight will ultimately turn out to be a real plus for our team, but I think we might all agree whatever the results in the Boro, this team needs some time to develop and could be a pretty decent team come December.

GAME STATISTIC UPDATE: MT RB's thru most of the 4'th quarter have run the ball 24 X's for 33 yards.

The score is now:

UA 26

MT 7

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

If it had not been for a safety this game would have been 7 to 7 at halftime. Still, you gotta remember, this is MTSU, the kings of do-good and sexyness until they play the Mean Green...or SEMO tongue.gif

The last time they played Alabama was in 2002. That year they were VERY sexy and nearly beat the tide losing a close one 39-34 in the season opener. The next week they lost to Tennessee 26-3 and followed that up with a good showing at Kentucky losing 44-22. NT beat them at their house later that year 30-20.

Rick

Guest JohnDenver

SEXY.

That is funny.

They played all sexily ... if you don't mind my creative freedom.

I love beer. And the Mean Green.

Can anyone tell me if there really was a meet and greet with the players today? I was up there, but they just ran off the field and didn't stick around. I saw Sky Pruitt's parent's there... I saw the Idaho sticker on their truck, it was a dead give-away! I am rooting for Sky this year. I hope he is a deciding factor this year.

Can anyone tell me if there really was a meet and greet with the players today? I was up there, but they just ran off the field and didn't stick around.

No there wasn't. I drove to Denton this morning and donated money towards the hurricane relief. I brought my daughter along so she could get some autographs and photos taken with the players.

There was no meet and greet. The coaches told them " freshmen stay and load the truck, everyone else can leave".

I was disappointed but not surprised. Unless they're trapped like rats in the corner, the North Texas football team NEVER does anything that shows appreciation to the people that support them.

Do you want proof?

Watch this weekend.

Hundreds of North Texas fans will spend 20+ hours driving round-trip and hundreds of dollars each to travel to support the Mean Green against Middle Tennessee. After the game, win or lose, the North Texas football team will head directly to the locker room and NEVER make any effort to acknowledge those fans. This would NEVER happen at other schools but has become the expected norm at North Texas.

No there wasn't. I drove to Denton this morning and donated money towards the hurricane relief. I brought my daughter along so she could get some autographs and photos taken with the players.

There was no meet and greet. The coaches told them " freshmen stay and load the truck, everyone else can leave".

I was disappointed but not surprised. Unless they're trapped like rats in the corner, the North Texas football team NEVER does anything that shows appreciation to the people that support them.

Do you want proof?

Watch this weekend.

Hundreds of North Texas fans will spend 20+ hours driving round-trip and hundreds of dollars each to travel to support the Mean Green against Middle Tennessee. After the game, win or lose, the North Texas football team will head directly to the locker room and NEVER make any effort to acknowledge those fans. This would NEVER happen at other schools but has become the expected norm at North Texas.

I blame that on DD. He directs the troops as needed, and fans to him are a second thought, if a thought at all. dry.gif

Can anyone tell me if there really was a meet and greet with the players today? I was up there, but they just ran off the field and didn't stick around.

I can't imagine why there would have been one, since it was posted on meangreensports.com ...

In addition to the donation centers, the North Texas football team will sponsor a special event following its practice at Fouts Field on Saturday morning to aid in the collection effort. The team will hold an open practice for the public and have players available following practice to sign autographs and mingle with fans.

TYPICAL ! mad.gif

I'll go out on a limb here and predict that DD and the team knew nothing of the meet and greet after saturday's practice.  In fact, they probably didn't know about the relief truck loading thing until right up to practice.  Don't ask why my prediction, it's just a guess.  But a good guess.

Rick

So we what we possibly have here, FFR, could be sized up from that famous cinematic line by the late Strother Martin in "Cool Hand Luke" when he said to his prisoners: "What we have heah' is a failure to communicate." unsure.gif

So we what we possibly have here, FFR,  could be sized up from that famous cinematic line by the late Strother Martin in "Cool Hand Luke" when he said to his prisoners:  "What we have heah' is a failure to communicate." :unsure:

I really wish that were the case, unfortunately I think we all know otherwise.

I blame that on __.  He directs the troops as needed, and fans to him are a second thought, if a thought at all.  dry.gif

It was a horrid week in Laffayette. Evacuees were pouring in from New Orleans at an astounding rate. The ULL athletic facilities were being used as a field hospital and refugee camp. Still, the team needed to honor a contract to play a game against Texas in Austin even though they hardly had a chance to prepare.

The outcome of the game was predictable. Texas routed the Cajuns 60 to 3, and there was very, very little for the Cajun fans to cheer about. It was ugly.

After the game, the Cajun players lined along the sideline in front of their fans and sang their alma mater together with them. Afterwards, the team thanked the fans for coming out to support them, and only then did they depart down the tunnel.

user posted image

It was a horrid week in Laffayette. Evacuees were pouring in from New Orleans at an astounding rate. The ULL athletic facilities were being used as a field hospital and refugee camp. Still, the team needed to honor a contract to play a game against Texas in Austin even though they hardly had a chance to prepare.

The outcome of the game was predictable. Texas routed the Cajuns 60 to 3, and there was very, very little for the Cajun fans to cheer about. It was ugly.

After the game, the Cajun players lined along the sideline in front of their fans and sang their alma mater together with them. Afterwards, the team thanked the fans for coming out to support them, and only then did they depart down the tunnel.

user posted image

Jeff, I know your (& others) concern with this and I have some of the same concern on this subject as well, but would a few well placed emails or letters to (perhaps) the one(s) responsible for what might merely be an oversight be effective? We cannot play the "blame game" (there's those 2 words again) with our football players if they have been told to keep fraternization with alums/fans to a minimum. Those 18-21 year olds who wear the Green and White are most of our's heros and can do little wrong with the MG Nation most the time. I like the fact that there is really very little criticism on this forum concerning those guys, too, and I know you and the rest of GMG.com posters would like to see that continue.

I think DD is over the ULM debacle of 5 years ago. I think I understand why there was some bitterness on his part, too, although I didn't for about 3 years following that ULM loss and I defer to all the negative radio comments aimed seemedly at our fan base by DD that kept our best/most loyal fans in a state of bewilderment and confusion as to "what did we do for heaven's sake?". There was much more to that story than many of us knew for years.

5 years ago in Monroe, LA., there was not one connected with UNT (except one strategic Board of Regent) who wanted Dickey back as head football coach and not because of that ULM loss, but moreso because of all the seasons leading up to that loss in Monroe. Again, ancient history, but for those reading this who have no idea what the hell I am posting about here, you now have a little background on this. Really, though, thats about all that needs to be said with that 5 year old incident.

This is a time for all off the Mean Green Nation, its athletes and its paid employees to be on the same page. Who knows, that kind of authentic and sincere attitude might be most visible to impress the "One(s)" (big donor?) we need to be duly impre$$ed in Mean Green Country if you get my drift (and I know you do).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen