Great Win!!

IslandEagle

This is a huge confidence booster. After the WKU game we needed this to show we can beat a top team in the Belt. Not only did we do that, but Hopkins showed he can handle the pressure when the game is on the line.

That last play was a little too close for comfort and I started to have a WKU flashback there for a second. Unlike the last play in the WKU game, we should have covered the in bounds pass. With .3 seconds left they could only tip the ball, and making the inbounds passer make a tougher throw over someone would have made it much harder to get it that close to the basket. But we won, and that is what matters

Great win guys, keep it going to close out the season.

Excellent win! Barnett & Simpson gave Nicholson fits all night long. He ended up 5-17 from the floor and fouled out. The Pit Crew & the Talons were awesome once again. I really think the two groups alternating North & Texas when we play defense is pretty intimidating for the opposing team.

Y'all should do that more often. Heck, we can't count on our lame cheerleaders to do it.

BTW, whoever thinks UNT b-ball is boring should have gone to this game!

Edited by GangGreen

What a freaking awesome game.

Hopkins let em hang low and nailed a cold blooded shot (from a very difficult angle) to win the game.

But, Hines getting the ball near midcourt with about 9 seconds left, taking his guy off the dribble with 7, and making it to the basket before drawing in the defense and kicking it out to Hopkins was the key. Without his composure and playmaking, the play would have continued on it's disorganized course.

After Hopkins hit the shot, I went certifiably insane for a few seconds. I have had this happen before at a North Texas game when Booger scored the first TD against Baylor.

This was a huge win standings wise and confidence wise. Anyone who was at that game will come back. It was a close game throughout and had an amazing ending. A lot of guys stepped up and that is what they will need to get to the big dance.

Now, let's go into Cajun country and kick some...

Hopkins shot made College GameDay!

NBC 5 had the shot as well (I only caught the end).

CBS 11 and ABC 8 did not mention a word about it.

Once again, NBC 5 comes through for the Mean Green.

Maybe it will make a top 10 play of the day on SC? It will have tough competition against NBA and other college games tonight. Yall will have to watch for me, I don't have cable.

What a great night to be a NT hoops fan. The game was a blast and seeing the program get a little pub on ESPN is always good.

The Pit Crew & the Talons were awesome once again. I really think the two groups alternating North & Texas when we play defense is pretty intimidating for the opposing team.

Y'all should do that more often. Heck, we can't count on our lame cheerleaders to do it.

Excuse me for this please!

But since I spent 80 @#$@%@! dollars on signs, then spent another $20 taxi fair and an hour and a half of my vacation in New Orleans trying to deliver them, and since another here on this board spent no telling how much having 1,000 instruction sheets printed up then having his daughters waste their vacation time in New Orleans passing them out an hour prior to the Southern Miss game, FOR NOTHING, then may I take a second to remind all how that chant was to suppose to go? My reason is that the North and Texas chant sounded great tonight, but there is more to it and by doing it the way we worked it out here on GMG.com prior to the bowl game it will have an ending instead of people wondering how many times to do it, and then it only ending in a faded hum?

Between the two groups, Pit Crew and Talons, surely you folks can work this out? I believe it went like this:

NORTH!....TEXAS!

NORTH!.....TEXAS!

LET'S!

GO!

MEAN!

GREEN!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Excuse me for this please!

But since I spent 80 @#$@%@! dollars on signs, then spent another $20 taxi fair and an hour and a half of my vacation in New Orleans trying to deliver them, and since another here on this board spent no telling how much having 1,000 instruction sheets printed up then having his daughters waste their vacation time in New Orleans passing them out an hour prior to the Southern Miss game, FOR NOTHING, then may I take a second to remind all how that chant was to suppose to go? My reason is that the North and Texas chant sounded great tonight, but there is more to it and by doing it the way we worked it out here on GMG.com prior to the bowl game it will have an ending instead of people wondering how many times to do it, and then it only ending in a faded hum?

Between the two groups, Pit Crew and Talons, surely you folks can work this out? I believe it went like this:

NORTH!....TEXAS!

NORTH!.....TEXAS!

LET'S!

GO!

MEAN!

GREEN!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

Rick

Seriously PC and Talons, yall should make this happen. It is very easy and I think you could get the rest of the crowd doing it.

NBC 5 had the shot as well (I only caught the end).

CBS 11 and ABC 8 did not mention a word about it.

Once again, NBC 5 comes through for the Mean Green.

Maybe it will make a top 10 play of the day on SC? It will have tough competition against NBA and other college games tonight. Yall will have to watch for me, I don't have cable.

What a great night to be a NT hoops fan. The game was a blast and seeing the program get a little pub on ESPN is always good.

WB had the shot and some great coverage as well, thank you Bob Irzyk!!

This game was on tv here in Austin (Cable Ch. 77) and I had no idea until my brother called me at halftime to let me know. What a game, and I'm exhausted. I get up VERY early for work, but managed to stay up for this. The pit lookED good, but the crowd turnout was dissapointing. I'm also not a big fan of the logo on the court. I hope we can pack it for the tourney!

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad about the outcome, but I was absolutely livid we didn't have someone on the inbounds passer. When I saw that ball hit the rim, I was so angry I couldn't see straight. Totally inexcuseable in that situation not to have arms in the face of the guy trying to pass the ball across the length of the court for 0.3 sec shot possibility.

It took me a bit to let the win sink in.

Nope it isn't.

Yemi Nicholson is in the game. There's no way it can be.

Here is the caption, the NT Mon-Thurs didn't say it was the shot, just a layup by Hopkins who hit the game winner.

Senior guard Leonard Hopkins goes in for the layup against Denver on Thursday night. Hopkins hit the game-winning shot with 0.3 seconds remaining in the 68-66 win.
Edited by Coach