Uh, Mr. Parcells

I really don't think canning the kicking coach is going to solve all of your problems with the Cowboys. As a matter of fact, I think the kicking coach (Steve Hoffman) has proven year in and year out, that he can develop kickers and punters. (See Austrailian Matt McBriar, who was a pretty good punter, this year, IMHO).

I'll say this......if Tony Romo and Drew Henson aren't ready to play a game after almost two full seasons and one full season respectively.......as you deemed neither to be, during the last games of this year.......well, then maybe your QB coach might need to be changed.

Of course that won't happen. As we all know, if you're one of Bill's Boys, you get treated differently than the rest of the staff.

In an article today in the DMN, they stated that last season, Parcells questioned the mental toughness of Billy Cundiff (the kicker) and Matt McBriar (the punter).

Statistically, both of those guys had excellent years. And for the life of me, I can't ever remember a coach questioning the mental toughness of a kicker or punter. Hey it's a kicker or punter. You don't expect 'em to be freaking Ray Lewis, do ya?

Ask any mermaid you happen to see........what's the best tuna......it sure ain't Bill P.

SUMG, ever worked for anyone from New Jersey? I have and it was the worst 3 years of my working life because he was 110% DamnYankee and 110% Damn Asshole. That ex supervisor and Bill Parcells must have grown up in the same New Jersey neighborhood because they act so much alike.

Bill Parcells is like a fish out of water in the Lone Star State. He really should have quit and allowed Arkansas Jones to get a coach more Texas-friendy AND Texan-acceptable. I mean come on now, how many of us Texans would just enjoy the hell out of living in New Jersey (or out of Texas for that matter)?sad.gif

One of the academic departments at UNT did a study on how if you were a Texas based human resource person which state in the USA that you would get an applicant would they least of all offer a job; well, uh, New Jersey was #1 in that poll.

I think the DFW sports media are not exactly enamored with Bill Parcells, either. Randy Galloway hides much of his disdain for "Big Bill" as he calls the Dallas coach AND RG refuses to call him The Tuna. Most of the DFW sports media cannot stand the guy and one only has to listen to them on the air to see that. I think Bill Parcells is really beginning to see that he wore his welcome out not so long ago in Texas.

GOD BLESS TEXAS! cool.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I worked with someone from New Jersey this summer (she was my manager), and she was very similar to what you described, PMG. I have never been around a more arrogant and rude co-worker (and she got fired for some unprofessional things done to me and others before I left). There's no wonder that when Don Nelson was talking to Randy Galloway on the air earlier this year, on a bus stuck in traffic in New Jersey, in the sleet, Nelson said that if the world were to get an enema, he knew where the tube would go. laugh.gif

I think Parcells' biggest problem is his ego. He refused (and still to this day) to admit that he was wrong about Vinny, and his ego makes it more unlikely for that to happen as each day passes.

I've said this before, but this team isn't as far away from making the jump as many think. The season was bad, but there are some good young pieces, and the positions that weren't good or young can be improved with the draft and free agency.

The reason so many can't even see that, and I agree with their stance, is because the most visible position was manned by a 41 year old that led the league in interceptions, and they are saying that he will be brought back to start as a 42 year old. The ONLY theory I had behind that was to get Vinny his contract incentives since he and Parcells are such good buddies. But it had to have been as clear to them as anyone else that Vinny just doesn't have it anymore, not that he was that great to begin with.

Did anyone else see Summerall Sunday night? He said that Parcells didn't want to play one of the young QBs because it would have been embarassing for everyone....Like Vinny didn't do exactly just that!

But next year, when they are 2-13 and Vinny has led the league in interceptions for the second straight season, he will get the start in the 16th game because he will give the Cowboys the "best chance to win" and "he can still make all the throws". And I will jab a screwdriver into my temple.

Parcels really messed up the QB situation, and he was too cap conscience in the offseason which made him not go out and get as many players as he could have. That said, I'm willing to give him one more year, but if he screws it up with two first rounders and cap room to go out and get players to fill holes, then I will be ready for him to hit the road.

I'm only praying that it's a smokescreen on the QB situation, though. I fear another season of the type of whiskey consumption this last one required could do some permanent damage.

I hope that we can give up on QB reclamation projects. That the following happens:

1) Romo (whom I like just fine) gets sent to NFL Europe, blows, and is cut.

2) That Henson looks like either a) crap or cool.gif the second coming

and most importantly

3) The Cowboys go defense defense but surprise everybody with a Kyle Orton or Charlie Frye or the like (as long as it's not a reach). Now, I recgonize Tuna wouldn't start these guys right off the bat (and possibly never), but in my mind, maybe one of them could be starting by mid-season, when we're once again looking ahead to next year. That, and you can use the 'experience' excuse with a guy from Eastern Illinois and an ex-baseball player. But I think we could run him out on a rail if he neglected to use a bigger investment.

That is what happens when the control of the franchise is left in the hands of a New Yorker and an Arkansas idiot.

Well if you think about it.....the "Glory Years" of the Jones regime, were when the team was being coached by a Texan (Jimmy Johnson). And from what I understand Jimmy made a lot of those draft decisions back in those days.

Also, even though Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl in Dallas, he was just winning off the talent and momentum which Jimmy had created here.