It's Time For Slinker To Go

UNTLifer

Don't take all of this so personally. If I took everything directed at me personally, I wouldn't be here. You are welcome to your opinion, we are welcome to ours. Alot of people just do not agree with you on this issue, and it was backed up. So someone took a jab or two, get over it. I have to all the time. You'll be ok biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm disappointed in the direction of the program.  I remember going to the SuperPit expecting the Ladies to win every game during my last few years as a student.  The fact that we've fallen off so bad is toubling.  I'm not advocating firing Slinker...yet.

Texas A&M-Corpus Christi women knocked off Tulsa last night. ph34r.gif

If there was as much fan support as there was discussion about whether Coach Slinker should stay or go ... I think we could easily go fishing for a better coach if the situation demanded it.

Good coaching and a winning ballclub creates the demand. I know that we should support the team regardless of the coach or the record. And I agree. NT fans have waited and waited for good, competitive, and consistant athletic teams for decades. We are tired of being the doormats.

i will be honest... i didnt looka t records or anything.... but they looked crap against SMU

I know what you're talking about. Kinda like the egg the mens team laid against Denver. I didn't even see it but from the sounds of things we must have looked like crap in that game.

When you look at some of the teams that TAMU-CC has beaten this year, and the top rated teams they played but lost to, you can't help but be impressed with how far they have come in such a short period of time.

Are you talking their men's team? You know who the coach is, right? None other then Ronnie Arrow - the guy that put UAB on the basketball map back in the 80's but then they found out he was as crooked as can be. There was some phrase at UAB at the time- "please don't let our new coach be as straight as an Arrow but let him coach that way." or something like that, the only reason I know any of this is because I had a buddy go to school there after we graduated and he used to tell me the stories about how great the basketball team "was" before he got there.