UNT women lose to UTA

SUMG

If we played UTA in Arlington we might have the same problem that Tina had...we might look around and only have four players on the floor...the other player would be climbing out of the orchestra pit trying to get back in the game (assuming that he or she hadn't broken a limb). Until UTA cares enough about basketball to provide the basics for a court, we should never go there. Hell, put a wooden top on the orchestra pit to protect the players. I saw Weasel Johnson fall into the orchestra pit one night and slowly crawl out...it was scary. We have the SuperPit and UTA has the Orchestra Pit. Putting the pep band behind our players was another of UTA's classless acts in prior years. I'd like to play UTA every year in Denton, but never go to Arlington.

By the way, I never, ever remembered our pep band being behind anyone's bench, much less yours. The band is always off to one-side and never in the bleachers, as would be required to be behind the visiting team's bench. Even from simply a practical point of view, the bleachers on the west side are too important for fan seating to put band members there.

Like I said, if you are too fine for the Hall, let's play in Denton until we get our arena. I'm okay with that.

Stop calling it an ochestra pit...because it is not.....it is a 3-4 foot drop where the stage ends and the seating begins.....which is now normally lined by fans........

I have seen around 100 games at Texas Hall and only once has a player fallen off.......they jumped off after saving a loose ball....and they were OK.....

it is called court awareness......if a player falls off the edge...which is about 5-9 feet from the edge of the court (depending on where you are) it is because they were running around recklessly and anyway in most arenas by that point they are running into fans......and would have to hurdle seats (which is also a way to get hurt)

Texas Hall is just as "dangerous" as any arena if a player is not paying attention or running around recklessly........

and the band has always played to side, because frankly there is no room anywhere else for them to sit......

heck we will come to Denton to whup on you guys anyway

Edited by giantbenmav