Mean Green (men) win over T-Martin

SUMG

UNT 75 Tennessee Martin 70

Hop had 20 pts. ; Watson had 20 also.

My player of the game: Quincy Williams: 15 pts and 11 rebounds. He also hit some clutch free throws toward the end of the game.

Mean Green now 7-4.......now time to pull for our gals against UTA.

It was big for Watson to rebound like that with 20 points. I agree that Williams was the player of the game, and it was good that the eye injury did not affect his performance. Mike Jones fouling out with 0 points is not good, and his continual getting in foul trouble will hurt the team in conference games. He needs to play smarter than that. Also, it sounded like Sturns turned up his defense, espcially in the UT-Chatt. game.

Just think about how much farther along this team is than last year's at this point. I like our chances to make some noise this year, but if Leonard gets the extra year, next year looks even better, with the play of our freshman and Davis becoming eligible... ph34r.gif